Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Pubs/Clubs to head out in Dublin?

Options
  • 16-05-2008 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Unbelievably bored this Friday afternoon (And no, I don't have any work to be at!), so was just curious as to where are the best places to head out in Dublin as I think I'm heading down there in a couple of weeks. Preferably somewhere for the 21-27 age bracket, where you can have abit of craic, not prententious and relatively easy to chat the ladies! lol.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

WOOLSHED!!!!

Love this pub. at the end of Parnell street near cineworld. tis brilliant. come with me some night and i'll show ya. brilliant pub :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

In before biko!

-Funk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Fibber Magees parnell st 3.00 euro a pint!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Z

Depends on how hot you are

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Have you ever been to tallaght?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Pub crawl in Temple bar.

If you are after "women", Copper Face Jacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Fibber Magees

If your after monsters...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Copperface Jacks and Dtwo http://www.dtwonightclub.com/ both on harcourt street near st stephens green and barcode in clontarf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Flannerys (Camden St) the spirit home of country slappers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ritelad

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Copperface Jacks and Dtwo http://www.dtwonightclub.com/ both on harcourt street near st stephens green and barcode in clontarf

Heard all about the infamous Copperface Jacks! To be honest I'd rather stay away from the culchie holes as I've been in enough of them in my time! lol. Nah, need somewhere were you got a good chance of meeting a future wife! lol. A few mates of mine went down a few weeks ago and ended up heading to 'Howl at the Moon'?....said it was good craic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭geuro

Harcourt street and DTwo etc are disco bars, full of people who have dressed up in shirts and skirts dancing to pop music. Good laugh but I would rather a kick in the arse than spend a night in one of these places. If you're into something a little more casual, with less mainstream music, Camden / Wexford street is a great street for pubs in dublin. My favourites along this road are Anseo, Whelans, the Village, Solas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Whelan's

ritelad wrote: »
    Heard all about the infamous Copperface Jacks! To be honest I'd rather stay away from the culchie holes as I've been in enough of them in my time! lol. Nah, need somewhere were you got a good chance of meeting a future wife! lol. A few mates of mine went down a few weeks ago and ended up heading to 'Howl at the Moon'?....said it was good craic!

coppers is owned by dubliners and that is where you will see the dublin football team after a match, more dubliners frequent coppers than they will admit ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

The jalapeño or jalapeno is a medium to large size chili pepper which is prized for the warm, burning sensation when eaten. Ripe, the jalapeño can be 2–3½ inches (5–9 cm) long and is commonly sold when still green.
    27 or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭geuro

The jalapeño or jalapeno is a medium to large size chili pepper which is prized for the warm, burning sensation when eaten. Ripe, the jalapeño can be 2–3½ inches (5–9 cm) long and is commonly sold when still green.

Good work Sientist..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭daosulli

The George :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 edjo

daosulli wrote: »
    The George :)

You'll definately pull in The George!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

ibtl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

funk-you wrote: »
    In before biko!

-Funk
    Damn, I head for lunch and someone gets there before me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The A1 is pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

rossie1977 wrote: »
    coppers is owned by dubliners and that is where you will see the dublin football team after a match, more dubliners frequent coppers than they will admit ;)

at the weekends its packed with dubs.midweek is when its full of country people.

for run of the mill discobars/clubs that play music you hear on the radio:

D2
    coppers
    howl at the moon
    redz
    club21
    boomerangs
    fitzsimons
    citibar
    purty kitchen
    club M
    rain
    tramco
    rios
    trivia

for clubs/pubs that play good music (in my opinion anyways) some are house, some are indie/rock music.

whelans
    village
    tripod
    pod/crawdaddy
    hub
    mcgruders
    academy
    traffic
    doyles

places to avoid (my opinion)

vaults
    tivoli
    gaiety
    palace

i would add Q-Bar to the places to avoid at least the basement part, horrible place

Sinnotts and keoghs both next to grafton street are good craic especially at the weekend

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Dorans in temple bar.
    Much better on the weekend than durin the week and theres a great mix of people..

....and pizza nearby! :D

Advertisement