Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Import Diesel Car from UK or buy at home??

Options
  • 16-05-2008 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Ok guys, Ive found loads of info on the forum but im still slightly confused.

Im looking at buying say a 2001-2003 Audi A4 1.9Tdi

On carzone there going for about 9k upwards probably 10500 for a nice clean one.

Ive been looking on Pistonheads.com too and the spec and upkeep of the cars over in the UK seem to be alot better. There going for about £6k which is roughly €7500.

Now my question is what will be the VRT on said car, after July the 1st. The emissions are 152 so do i go buy the new table at 20% or will the car still abide by the old system??

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

VRT will be new system, tax will be old system.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭davkav

Cool thats all i needed to know. Now i gotta weigh up the pros and cons and the cost obvioulsy

Thanks tw0nk

Advertisement