Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Hills!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭NAGGIE03

togster wrote: »
    We've been over this already. I have no problem in people enjoying it. I just think it's sad.

*says prayer for Hills fans*

So Togster! What exactly do you enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

NAGGIE03 wrote: »
    So Togster! What exactly do you enjoy!

Does it really matter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 bubble_bee

We've been over this already. I have no problem in people enjoying it. I just think it's sad.

*says prayer for Hills fans*

i think it's even sadder to make such an effort to go into a show's fan thread just to complain about it...:p

bubble_bee wrote: »
    i think it's even sadder to make such an effort to go into a show's fan thread just to complain about it...:p

Meh.

Hehe!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Togster has more posts on this thread than anyone else, I think that says it all really.

Amz wrote: »
    Togster has more posts on this thread than anyone else, I think that says it all really.

And you have a chip on your shoulder. :p Let it go ffs.

As for the post count you will see that i never talked about what color skirt Lauren was wearing or if heidiäs tits or lips look fake. This show is made by saps, starring saps for saps. I just thought i might get people to see what crap it is, but alas some people are suckers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

jesus christ amz, you watch this **** as well?

i thought you were better than that

jesus christ amz, you watch this **** as well?

i thought you were better than that

Amz = oppurtunist :eek:

Togster have youy seen the name of this thread!! Its called THE HILLS!!
    What are we meant to discuss? Ponies or something sad like that!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I can't believe there's 7 pages on this thread.

The mind boggles.

Togster have youy seen the name of this thread!! Its called THE HILLS!!
    What are we meant to discuss? Ponies or something sad like that!;)

Discuss whatever you want. I'm still going to comment about the retarded nature of all things like the hills because as you may remember it makes my head bleed. But for the good of mankind i think it's important to point out that it is a crap show.:pac: There is alot more stimulating TV out there if you must watch TV. Or get interested in your own lives and develop a hobby or an interest of your own and stop aspiring to be ditzy bints.

Thats my problem. It's a social thing but maybe that's for debate with other people on a different forum.

Discuss whatever you want. I'm still going to comment about the retarded nature of all things like the hills because as you may remember it makes my head bleed. But for the good of mankind i think it's important to point out that it is a crap show.:pac: There is alot more stimulating TV out there if you must watch TV. Or get interested in your own lives and develop a hobby or an interest of your own and stop aspiring to be ditzy bints.

Thats my problem. It's a social thing but maybe that's for debate with other people on a different forum.

Yep its your problem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I've seen enough of it while flicking through the channels to know it's a shame people watch it.
    And why do I get the sinking feeling that despite coming across as, ooh, 13 maybe 14 max, the girls here who sing its praises are in their late teens/early 20s, maybe even older...?

hmm yes of course , because i could be spending that 30 minutes once a week trying to solve the world's problems..dam why haven't i thought of that before?? d'oh!

Yep its your problem!

Some how i doubt it tbh! :p

OMG!!! Everyone needs to take a chill pill! No one says it rules our lives or we have to go out and act like lauren! Its a TV show that we enjoy watching! Call it our guilty little pleasure!;)

Youd swear we were going round robbing sweeties from kids or something!!

OMG!!! Everyone needs to take a chill pill! No one says it rules our lives or we have to go out and act like lauren! Its a TV show that we enjoy watching! Call it our guilty little pleasure!;)

Youd swear we were going round robbing sweeties from kids or something!!

yea exactly!
    there are some seriously judgemental people on this thread! making assumptions about someones intelligence/personality etc based on a tv show they watch? possibly the stupidest thing i've ever heard...
    on a lighter note, all the hills fan-haters are a bunch of anally retentive, pseudo intellectual, holier than thou muppets who need to remove ye'r heads from ye'r back sides and realise different people like different things for different reasons, it's called "life" :)

(was that a bit harsh?...naah!)

bubble_bee wrote: »
    yea exactly!
    there are some seriously judgemental people on this thread! making assumptions about someones intelligence/personality etc based on a tv show they watch? possibly the stupidest thing i've ever heard...
    on a lighter note, all the hills fan-haters are a bunch of anally retentive, pseudo intellectual, holier than thou muppets who need to remove ye'r heads from ye'r back sides and realise different people like different things for different reasons, it's called "life" :)

(was that a bit harsh?...naah!)

take a chill pill. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I watched a couple of episodes last week and while it didn't really appeal to me, I can see how people can get addicted. It's 'reality' tv, people get addicted!

The one thing I really don't understand is how people wonder what's going to happen in the next episode when everything that happens is all over the media as it happens. There's not surprise element in the show. I have watched maybe 4 episodes of it and I could tell you exactly what has happened, and probably a good deal of what is going to happen in future episodes.

Anyway, it's not my thing, it makes my head hurt, but other people like it so there is a reason for it to be made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I love The Hills, it's great! :) If you don't like it, just don't watch it - quit moaning about it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I'm a guy, and i love The Hills!...i never watched the show before this year, i've only seen series 3 through repeats on MTV, but i got hooked!

I went online and saw all the new US episodes before they were broadcast in the UK but i still have to check out series 1/2 and i've seen nothing of Laguna Beach.

Thats being said...it's an addictive show, call me girlie if you want!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I love it :D only started watching a while ago but am now addicted..

But.. Ok, probably a really stupid question, and I'm not scrolling back all those pages to see if it has already been asked.. Is it real or wtf?? Are they acting?? I don't get it.. :confused:

It's what is termed a "scripted reality show", meaning the producers don't sit down and write a script, as in what Lauren says to Whitney...but they do "pow wow" together, meaning the cast will "work" with the producers to set things up.

To create some drama or engineer a scene, it's not reality but very few reality shows are...one fine example is The Two Coreys which is on the A&E network in the US. The Biography Channel over here are showing the series late night, incl swearing!

In interviews Corey Feldman even admitted that the show is fake, the house him and his wife "live" in is rented by the producers...hell they film the show in Canada as they get tax breaks!, you never see there child, Haim and Feldman admitted they sat down with producers to work out what they would do the next day...hell even Corey Haim didn't even LIVE in the same rented house with the Feldmans!!!!!

Btw...it's a good show, Haim is great and they really are like The Odd Couple with Haim driving Suzie Feldman half mad.

OT i know...i'm just trying to give context to these reality shows, at least the two Coreys admitted it was all fake...most don't.

As a matter of interest, how many of the people who have replied in this thread are female?, i'm not bashing...just trying to get a gist of the viewing demographic and see if i'm the big girls blouse in this scenario.

[btw...i also love Wildfire, Greek, Gossip Girl, Kyle XY]

Btw..i'd like to applaude the posters here for the great humor shown in your postings, do take some of that over to the Big Brother forum...your jibes will be most welcome :-)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Don't forget to play the Hills drinking game.
    (This is absolutely hilarious!!!!)
    (don't forget that there's 3 pages so click on "take a gulp when" to get to the second page...)

http://radaronline.com/features/2008/03/the_hills_lauren_conrad_audrina_patridge_drinking_game_01.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

xzanti wrote: »
    I love it :D only started watching a while ago but am now addicted..

But.. Ok, probably a really stupid question, and I'm not scrolling back all those pages to see if it has already been asked.. Is it real or wtf?? Are they acting?? I don't get it.. :confused:
    It's not supposed to be scripted BUT the cast do have to co-operate with the camera crew. Lauren said before in an interview that they have to have most of their conversations when the camera crew is ready. She said say if she wants to tell Audrina something, she has to wait for the cameras to show up before they can chat.

Or if they want to ring someone, sometimes they have to have the conversation twice as the cameras might have missed the first conversation.

I guess there has to be that kind of element in it otherwise it'd have to be like Big Brother with cameras everywhere and they can't exactly restrict The Hills gang in going wherever they like.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

So the people are real, and the ongoing feud between the main characters is real? :eek:

Cool :cool:

Nah it's bollix. The whole thing is scripted. Had another conversation at the weekend with a woman who thought the whole thing was real (insert old roll-eye smiley here). I thought i'd give it another go the other night and sat through the pain that was Heidi and her boyfriend pretending to fight about their wedding.

Such a load of sh!te.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Btw..i'd like to applaude the posters here for the great humor shown in your postings, do take some of that over to the Big Brother forum...your jibes will be most welcome :-)

oh, you can count on that :)

Advertisement