Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SATC or Desperate Housewives?

Options
  • 16-05-2008 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Following on from why men don't like SATC....what about Desperate Housewives? My b/f detests SATC, but is a pretty big fan of the Wives! I also much prefer it...I dunno, it's a bit darker or something...more depth?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I prefer Desperate Housewives, although I don't watch it regularly (I only watch Ugly Betty regularly). I like the combination of comedy and drama more than just one or the other. I also think that for a show that centers around women, DH gives the male characters more interesting roles and plot lines than SATC did.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Never got into DH before, but my good lady got me into it, and I actually quite like it now!
    I like how it manages to be pretty funny as well as quite dark at times.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

DH is utter c**p! No plot is beleivable. I mean getting your gay neighbour to pretend to be interested in a hooker/drug dealer* I only caught a few mins of this episode.

SATC all the way, it's actually beleivable.

Also Teri Hatches Vs Samatha and Charlotte... Sam and Char FTW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I love them both but SATC definiely wins for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Cmol

Oh My God - you cant make me choose. Thats mean. Mean and Horrible!!! :P

• Advertisement

You can't possibly ask me to choose!!!

I hated sex and the city at the time, but I have since grown to love it.
    I'm a bit disappointed with DH lately. It is failing to draw me in.
    Ugly betty was great last night! But she grates on me sometimes.

At the minute Lost is my must see.

My favorite TV shows are Bones and Medium but they are on at terrible times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

It fell off a cliff after the second season.

Advertisement