Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a Graffiti filter for Photoshop

Options
  • 16-05-2008 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

this is a long shot or possibly my googling is not up to standard. :-(

I am looking for a filter or plug in for Photoshop that would transform items into graffiti style block drawings. I kinda need it for a proof of concept idea so I don't need it to be perfect - as it's not going to be used for finished artwork. The idea is to try and put something together as a starting point for an artist if you get my drift?

Anyone know of one? Doesn't necessarily have to be freeware.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Phat Chance

I don't know about filters, but there are many graffiti style fonts and it's possible to acheive a 3D effect using the stock blending modes in CS2. There probably are more advanced filters for better effects, but I don't know if you'll find low cost or free ones. Didn't see any likely candidates in the search I did, but there's probably some out there. As for fonts, the ubiquitous http://www.dafont.com is a good source of free ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭kdizl/doylah

Well if I get you correctly then try this.

-have object/image on own layer
    -use filter either poster edges or cutout (tamper with settings)
    -then clean up image
    -layer style- use stroke and whatever else.

after this you could just ad a texture and a blur to give that spray effect.
    Hopefully this is what your on about..

Advertisement