Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Leaking exhaust...

Options
  • 16-05-2008 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, can anybody tell me what it means when your cars exhaust is leaking? I just noticed it there when I parked, kinda clear liquid. AFAIK it's not happened before. I drive a 98 Nissan Almera. Should I be worried? Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

is it just coming out the back of the tail pipe?? if so then its probably just a normal build up of condensed water

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭RuailleBuaille

Yeah just off the rim of the exhaust pipe. Thanks for the reply, I'm still a car spa! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Yeah just off the rim of the exhaust pipe. Thanks for the reply, I'm still a car spa! :o

yeh it should just be natural water, if its clear and theres no smell of it, ah sure i once was worried about the same thing its how we learn :D

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭RuailleBuaille

Thank you for not pointing and laughing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 83,189 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

funny-pictures-pony-mechanic.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Yeah, I had a drip from me pipe and was really worried....oops...sorry, wrong forum! :eek::D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

For every litre of fuel burnt, an engine produces a litre of water -

Most of it is invisible vapour, but some of it condenses, and you get steam in cold weather with a cold exhaust, and also it pools in the exhaust boxes, especially when idling, which is why you then see a dribble from the exhaust of the car in front when they drive away from the lights, and it's also why exhaust boxes rust out on old exhaust systems.

Advertisement