Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ras

Options
  • 16-05-2008 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

Anyone doing the RAS which starts on Sunday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

My club didn't put in a team this year (expensive affair - costs around 8k to do it), not that I am anywhere near RAS level just yet. Looking forward to it though and hope to get to one or two of the stages. I have my fingers crossed for one of my training partners, he started out with our club (and his family still run the club), he has won it twice before and a 3rd win would boost his chances of Olympic selection. He is in great form, but there is some serious competition out there this year, it seems like the standard just gets higher every year. Realistically its going to be quite a scrap between the likes of Chris Newton, Kristen House, David McCann and Ciaran Power for the number one slot. Maybe one of the dutch lads could enter in the mix as well and you cannot write off David O'Loughlin either........

For the rest of us mere mortals, its a gruesome undertaking, respect to any of the county and club riders who do it. Our lads found it really tough last year (most of them were B riders).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I'm hoping to get down to Wicklow to watch the lads in the hills. It's bound to be impressive watching them fly up them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

One of my training mates is riding for Eurocycles and another local guy i know is riding for another team

Quigs i assume your training partner is Ciaran Power

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Hi E@gle, thats right, by train with I do of course mean get murdered by every weekend all winter ... ! He's a good bloke though, doesn't mean to cause you pain, it just works out that way !

Looks like Irishcycling are doing live updates again this year. http://www.irishcycling.com/publish/news/art_2388.shtml

• Advertisement

Anyone see any bit of the ras today?? any pictures??

Advertisement