Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lan gaming

Options
  • 16-05-2008 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭

Anyone else here a Lan gaming fan?

I was never into it at all before I came to Ireland in the summer of 07, although I'm finding it extremely interesting at the moment.

Whereabouts do you usually frequent?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I play CSS online, never played in a lan though

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Id like to plug "square eyes", near eyre square. Definitly the best lan gaming cafe in galway. Id heard a few people rave about so went to check it out, I wasn't let down either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

If its lan's you are interested in you should check up on wcg ireland, midlans etc.
    I attend the odd one and i must say they are really good craic.

As for gaming cafe's in galway, well i dont think you will find any other city in the country with better ones, they are all really good
    You should check out
    squeare eyes (eyre square),
    Port (eyre square),
    Wired and clanvideo on domonic street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Squareyes the best in Galway if not the best in the country. Grab a few friends or go to one of the organised nights and you will have a blast. They have a website I think .. squareyes.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

I aint been to :rolleyes: yet but Ronan is a sound bloke and i know he is doing good down there all the lads keep going on about it so i may as well go down, FYI clan are apparently getting new PC's for games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I'm liking Wired at the moment.

Great place.

Never tried Squareeyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Clan is - well, was - a joke, some machines were old and incapable of playing games on anything past low-ish settings with is a total joke when you're paying to play. I went in there with my girlfriend and when we were playing COD2 she got a class machine that was running at full whack no bother and mine was at low resolution and low settings and not exactly consistently smooth either.

Never been anywhere else though, I do all my gaming online :D

Doing my gaming online would be cooler and cheaper.

Sadly my internet connection is atrocious.

I hate a certain Irish internet company.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I play online and in wired a good bit.

I play online and in wired a good bit.

Ah yeah?

I'm assuming your Tar.Aladarion in there too?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Or tart.

Nah, dunno you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Squareyes > all

Look at the top of the score board some time. :P

Mostly wednesdays in there

Ah yeah, i was there last Wednesday, never usuaully there at weeknights though, it's the college holidays:pac:

I'm still kickoutthejams when there.

Advertisement