Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike tax question when they put wrong name down when registering

• 16-05-2008 4:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭

Got bike last night at 6pm - only noticed today when taxing it first they put the wrong reg number on bike mixed up the first 2 digits (got that fixed). Also they spelt my first name wrong I mean way wrong - I must have looked polish to them the way they spelt it even though been going there 7 yrs. Anyway was on the revenue who said needed to speak to bike shop, was down there with them they have sent through an amendment on their computer but don't think there will be any change till monday at least.

Question is should I tax it anyway under wrong name or wait till name gets changed? Would it be too difficult to amend afterwards.

Can I drive the bike without tax until it gets sorted on Monday and then sort out the tax?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

Luckycharm wrote: »

Can I drive the bike without tax until it gets sorted on Monday and then sort out the tax?

I'd wait till the name gets changed, just easier all round. If you go to tax it and the name differs from that on your insurance cert, they may not let you tax it anyway (if they notice).

If you get stopped by the Gardai explain the situation to them, if needs be carry the docs with the wrong name so you can show them and avoid a 'producer' (having to show your forms at a station).

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

You can change ownership in your tax office, so I would imagine they can amend details also. A phone call will tell you if you need a particular form to do it. So change the details as you tax it if it hasnt been corrected by the shop already, (and im assuming its a new bike). Then your licensing form should issue in the correct name, it wont issue till the bike is taxed anyway.

If youve just bought the bike you usually have a few days grace to sort your tax and paperwork. Even if your stopped you have I think 10 days to produce docs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

They can change it thou you might have to request it in writing- it happens me all the time - curse my 'unusual' name(!) - i'm also married according to my car reg cert!:rolleyes:

Advertisement