Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pets of The Ladies Lounge?

Options
  • 16-05-2008 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭

Now, I DID look for a pets thread... and only found the roflcats one. Sooooo:

Bunty
    13497143a5536935268l.jpg

Bollo
    13497143a5536934824l.jpg

Soooooooo many more :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭aye

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

There's one
    here
    but cute kitties though - bollo looks very disgruntled!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

This is Samhain, my baby!

Wow....I never saw that colouring before Metaoboliva.
    Samhain is an apt name for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Thanks! She was the cutest kitten, but I don't have any pics to prove it. I've seen cats that have similar patterns, but none that look just like her, so she's unique :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

This is Maxxie (well Max but it inveriably becomes Maxxie when we're talking to him)

RobynAndMax2.jpg

Every picture that exists of him his eye's glow yellow like that, this was one of the freakiest (I swear this isn't photoshopped guys :eek:)

max1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

solace wrote: »
    Now, I DID look for a pets thread... and only found the roflcats one. Sooooo:

Bunty
    13497143a5536935268l.jpg

Bollo
    13497143a5536934824l.jpg

Soooooooo many more :D

Awww.....Bootiful little Kittens!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

DSC00288.gif

my kitties Jack [orange] and Joda - they sit by my drawing desk and keep me company while giving the evil eye to everyone walking by.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I'm a guy, but I'm gonna post too.

This be my kitty, Misty when he's being tired and emo:
    cupbaord.jpg
    SL270207.jpg
    mistyandmouse.jpg

This is my little gerbil, Herpes
    herpes-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Love all your pets!

KOTJ: Is it not v difficult to keep the cat away from the gerbil? :eek:

• Advertisement

Abigayle wrote: »
    KOTJ: Is it not v difficult to keep the cat away from the gerbil? :eek:

YES!

He's always up there trying to eat them.

He'll just sit there, for ages, staring at them.

Often, I'll come in to find him sitting on top of the cage, just peering down on them like ceiling cat.

SL270372.jpg
    SL270308.jpg
    SL270306.jpg

YES!

He's always up there trying to eat them.

He'll just sit there, for ages, staring at them.

Often, I'll come in to find him sitting on top of the cage, just peering down on them like ceiling cat.

lmao @ ceiling cat ref. Bet those gerbils live every day of their short lives in fear though!

Had hamsters in the past. Love anything like that tbh. I have a cat now, didnt want to chance the mix! I used to let the hamsters run freely around the place when I was at home.

Those gerbils are well able to look after themselves.

Misty is always up there with folds of his paw/skin sticking through the bars. Herpes always bites him and Misty can't do anything about it. It's an ongoing drama.

Fair play to Misty though, a mouse broke into the house (the landlord would skin me alive for that) and Misty caught it, broke it's neck and left him as a present.

What a wonderful little guy.

They all sound great :)

So you are able to keep gerbils together? Hamsters murrrrder each other. Found that out the hard way! :/

Gerbils are sociable creatures.
    THey feel sad if kept apart or so the pet shop told me.

Hamsters WILL murder each other.

The lad in the photo with me in the Lads of the LAdies Lounge has two hamsters (mother and daughter) and they will try to kill each other if left together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Sorry didn't see this thread! Here's casper!

Casper.JPG

HelpTheseGingerKids-thumb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Kazobel wrote: »
    I swear this isn't photoshopped guys :eek:

max1.jpg

If this isn't photoshopped that person really needs to get to a doctor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

solace wrote: »
    Bollo
    13497143a5536934824l.jpg

i can has black coffeh?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

My cat castor, i hand raised him from 3 days old he was left in by a person who took him off kids that were, well being mean to him... he is so affectionate

ix61yh.jpg

My doggie jessie, she was rescued from the pound years ago, she is 11 now, and only has 3 legs...

2rr85si.jpg

Nanouk, born the runt of 11 puppies, he mum wouldnt let her feed so i took her and hand fed her. She is a wolf hybrid and she is a delight. Unfortunately she had to move out as she got too big but i still consider her mind, she is just being minded and i see her all the time.

28v8047.jpg

and finally the latest arrival

Rusty, he was left to run around the car park of my practice so i took him home for a few days and well he is a keeper. Sweetest dog ever. Plus he helps me keep the place in line but he gets a little tired on the job!!

11j97hz.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

This is my little gerbil, Herpes
    [/IMG]

Awww, cute!

Does the name ever lead to confusion, you're talking about catching your pet after it gets out of the cage, people around you think you have contracted an incurable STI?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

This is my pet monkey, Darwin, in a hot air balloon over Rome...

258736774_be6d227451.jpg

cuckoo wrote: »
    Awww, cute!

Does the name ever lead to confusion, you're talking about catching your pet after it gets out of the cage, people around you think you have contracted an incurable STI?

Yup, comical misunderstandings have occured (I think Herpes is gay, so there are many situations where gay and herpes occur in the same sentence)

Still Herpes is a good name for me to use as it's both funny in a sick unPC sort of way and childishly innocent.

Jules, your three look like little angels :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ooh! pets thread! hehe, ill have to get some pics of my furry friends out soon, not now though, bit rushed, but have to laugh at whoever asked if it's not hard keeping the cat away from the gerbil... i've a friend with 7 cats, a rat and, up to two weeks ago, a dog (RIP Buster :( ), but the rat is fairly able to defend himself as long as he's in his cage (to the point of giving one of the cats a nasty bite on the nose), but my mate was telling me just a couple weeks ago, he walked in and one of the cats was sitting on teh floor just outside the rat cage, staring at it, while munching on a dead rat he'd obviously caught outside... a clear message if ever i've heard of one :D

i currently have two cats (whose owners are moving into their new house next month, and we can finally get rid of them, yaaaaaay!), who have between them, knocked down the mouse cage, and one actually caught my mousey in his mouth :mad: fortunately my fella saw him, and yelled and ran scarily enough so that the mouse panicked and dropped him, so he's ok :)

rescued my mouse actually, Tundra, a former preschool pet who the staff got sick up and were going to 'release into the wild'. yah right, an albino domesticated mouse... he barely knows to be scared of hte cats for god's sake, imagine how long he'd last...

ok, think i might have time for pics actually, not very good ones though, he's usually only up once it's dark and my phone doenst do great pics in non-natural light...

hehe, first, i guess i should show you the mansion we did up for him... used to let him runa round the sitting room, till he squeezed through the door and the cat got him, so he couldnt do that anymore, and i didnt think his cage was big enough for him to get as much exercise as he should have, or for enough stimulation and fun and stuff... so i bought a big rat cage and joined it up to his old cage...

Snap202.jpg

ive some better pics, but no time to upload them now..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

and, quickly.. here's my puppy from home...

sootasapup1.jpg

sooty6.jpg

soothurling1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Here's my dog

When he has a pup

dog4fq3.jpg
    dog4fq3.5ca4544d89.jpg

and more recent

dscn1762qc4.jpg
    dscn1762qc4.932c40494d.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

Aww I'd love a pet, Ive never had a pet in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

Here is my hamster Cuddles, I actually got her from boards curtesy of red_ice [IMG][/img]Image029.jpg

Here is her crazy cage setup,:).

[IMG][/img]Image024.jpg

• Advertisement

Cuddles is precious.

Advertisement