Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying a cheap as chips van. Gladness or madness?

Options
  • 16-05-2008 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of buying a van. It would be for transporting my musical gear & instruments to gigs and concerts and wouldn't be my main vehicle when not gigging. It'd be really handy but I realistically need to keep the budget for buying one for as much under €1000 as possible. I know there are some great bargains out there for cars in this range, is the same in vans or is it a different kettle of ball games? Any particular vans to look at or avoid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

if ya could get a transit it would be good and ya might pick up a good one cheap enough, i sold a 97 in january for 1000, i had just serviced it and changed the timing belt and water pump, had a new altenator aswell, was in perfect condition only sold it cos i had no work

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

It just depends on the van itself , check it properly.

I bought a 97 partner with 175k on it last year for €900 and its a cracker. Drvies brilliantly and is solid.

Guy in work got a 99 Transit and its a heap.

As with cars , any of them can be good if looked after properly but most will be heaps if they havent been. Especially in that price range.

Advertisement