Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2007/08 TV Money

• 16-05-2008 5:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

Dont know if this has been posted yet. couldn't find it. Taken form a West ham forum.

Television revenue for 2007-08 season

(2006-07 in brackets)

Manchester United £49.3m (£32m)
    Chelsea £45.6m (£30.9m)
    Arsenal £47m (£29m)
    Liverpool £45.4m (£28.4m)
    Everton £42.1m (£25.3m)
    Aston Villa £42.3m (£22m)
    Blackburn Rovers £40.2m (£22m)
    Portsmouth £40.4m (£23m)
    Manchester City £39.7m (£21m)
    West Ham United £36.8m (£21.1m)
    T*ttenham Hotspur £36m (£27.3m)
    Newcastle United £39.2m (£21.2m)
    Middlesbrough £34.2m (£20.5m)
    Wigan Athletic £33.4m (£18.4m)
    Sunderland £33.6m (£6.5m*)
    Bolton Wanderers £32m (£24.6m)
    Fulham £31.3m (£20.4m)
    Reading £30.6m (£23.6m)
    Birmingham City £29.8m (£6.5m*)
    Derby County £29.1m (n/a)
    Total £815,175,812 (£502,533,570)

* denotes parachute payment for clubs promoted from the Coca-Cola Championship.

Look at the differnece from last year and this year for Man U. Crazy money!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Arsenals went up 18m, great deal for them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Getting bigger every year, 09/10 season theres a new deal with the over seas rights up for bidding again. Utd expecting to be getting around 90 million!

And thats why theres 2 english teams in the CL football and the 4 qualifiers would expect to better this years effort in CL next year.

Put into context St Pats get €5k per home game televised :eek:

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Do Derby not get a parachute payment?

Mad_Max wrote: »

20 mill then 10 mill then 5 for 3rd season afaik.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Mad_Max wrote: »

Playoff winners get nothing i suppose since they will make money in the premiership. Thats the reward i suppose haha

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Apparently ESPN are willing to pay huge huge huge money when the rights come up, Its only going to get better for the top 4 money wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

chdpoker wrote: »
    Apparently ESPN are willing to pay huge huge huge money when the rights come up, Its only going to get better for the top 4 money wise.

If they can take Sky out of the equation it would brilliant.

Yep for sure... to paraphrase Ferguson, i hope espn knock sky off their ****ing perch :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

I congratulate my beloved Villa for taking as much of Rupert Murdochs money as possible

5ForKeeps wrote: »
    If they can take Sky out of the equation it would brilliant.

Without Sky there would be no premiership.

kdjac

• Advertisement

KdjaCL wrote: »
    kdjac

Not initially maybe, but they are disposable now.

KdjaCL wrote: »

kdjac

How hard would it to be to just return it to its old name- Division 1?. How is is that ligue 1 in france is the the top league and league one in England is the third league?, for common sense can they not return to Div 1,2,3,4, have sponsors but just keep it simple. Then airbrush Premiership & Premier league out of history. Then get to work on the 'Champions League'....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Why did Arsenal get more than Liverpool for 06/07?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Why did Arsenal get more than Liverpool for 06/07?
    Cause they are better.

Skys money formed the premierleague and all the razz a- matazz that came with it, like em or not without their money that list above would be considerably smaller and a major gap would be formed between the markettable clubs and the not so.

Setanta doing a decent job competing with sky now and the ESPN deal is over seas only, nowt we will get from that only better players playing in the league.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

Cause they are better.

you were obviously watching that year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

It will eventually end in tears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Eirebear wrote: »
    I'll be laughing not crying though

Eirebear wrote: »

Only when the top clubs do their own tv deals , as long as its "sharing is caring" , no league will touch the PL for money and players for years to come.

Look at Barca Milan and Real the top top top clubs scrimping about to buy players, Milan bid 20 million for Ronnie and Man City!!!! bid 24 :eek:

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Cause they are better.

[/Boards.ie mantra/] League table doesnt lie [/boards.ie mantra/] , so no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

I find it strange when people seem glad sky dont get all the rights anymore....but eh has anyone noticed its actually costing the customer MORE now with setanta to see premiership games?

I didnt mind one bit having the 5.15 games on that prem plus on sky because they were always fairly rubbish matches anyways.

Anymore you have to subscribe to setanta and sky to see some big games. What is so good about that? Nothing thats what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I enjoy it but then they do show the Bundesliga also. And other sports that Prem Plus never showed.

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    I enjoy it but then they do show the Bundesliga also. And other sports that Prem Plus never showed.

setanta have kicked sky to the curb with boxing coverage,so they are moving in the right direction.They have also bought all the rights to the ufc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Have to say can't stand setantas coverage apart from the Friday night preview of the Premiership.

I dont have Setanta but i was wondering what is James Richardson like on the channel?, his imperious work on Football Italia on C4 and others over the years and also the Football Weekly podcasts have endeared myself to him but i guess he is crap on the sanitised world of Digital Sports Channels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

dc69 wrote: »
    They have also bought all the rights to the ufc etc.

All live too :)

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    All live too :)

exactly and none are ppv,hopefully it will force sky to actually ofer value for money.

Advertisement