Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

web page design

Options
  • 16-05-2008 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

hi
    i was woundering how i would go about setting up a web page and roughly how much it would cost.
    i already have a bebo page and would like something simular to it

www.bebo.com/dresswaterford

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Question is far too vague. 'a web page' could cost an awful lot or it can cost nothing at all. Depends entirely on what you want and how you want it.

If it's a blog you're after you could go somewhere like Wordpress.com and get a hosted blog for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 lessers

it would defo be a web page
    i would like it to be a showroom of all our dresses where people could have a look and contact us if they like

it would have to have a gallery and a contact page also a home page

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Something like that would cost about 1k I would say but then again you'll find people doing it for a lot less and a lot more. It depends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 lessers

i know abit about computers would i be able to do it myself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭chief_stains

lessers wrote: »
    i know abit about computers would i be able to do it myself?

You could do it yourself, but time/effort etc would probably be better spent looking after the business side. How much do you know about web design? Check out some tutorials for html here - http://www.w3schools.com/Html/default.asp
    and have a look at some css tutorials and you could have a go.

I would probably suggest your best bet is to look around for someone that will do a good job for a reasonable price, make sure you check their previous work etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Try Zen Cart, a full powerful website software where you can showcase your products, easy install if you know how and user friendly backend.

All you need to change is 1 logo image and and 2 tile images and you have your own custom website

You can turn off the shopping cart and just have it as a brochure website and Its open Source software so it doesn't cost anything but your domain and hosting will cost you a small nominal amount.

If you know enough you could be up and running for under €100 or you could treat it as an advertisement and spend €1,000-€2,000 its really a small investment considering the cost of press and radio advertising and will be a great refernce for your customers.

www.zencart.com

Here are a couple of sites with a minium amount of customisation
    http://www.bigbeautifulfashions.com/ (Nifty Zen Template, Free)
    http://www.smartshoe.com/ Just basic template

They may not be cutting edge e-commerce but a start and a good marketing tool

Advertisement