Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer to HDTV,need help

Options
  • 16-05-2008 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hey
    im a noob wen it comes to this stuff... right..

i just bought a 42'' Philips Plasma and im looking to hook it up to my Computer,
    the TV doesnt have any DVI inputs but it has the HDMI ones.
    my video card on the computer is VGA (Nvidia GeForce 6150 LE) which is causing the probs, i dont think you can put out a good picture quality with VGA so im avoiding it and thinking DVI or HDMI or somthing

can anyone recommend a graphics card that is cheap and reliable as i have only a small budget, one that will run the VGA Monitor and the HD TV via DVI or HDMI if possible?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

You can get a VGA to HDMI adapter that'll work with your own card for a few yoyos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 darren05

i think ill go for the card, i was looking at the adaptors in Maplin and they where quite expensive.
    will that card work with with XP or is it just Vista

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Works fine on xp and other versions of windows..

3450 HD is mighty fine for a HTPC

The card plays absolutely everything at 1920 x 1080 with no skipping.

However, its totally useless at gaming.

Its a one trick pony. That trick is flawless playback of all video. If that suits?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

You won't get sound over HDMI with that card afaik, just so you are aware? I've connected my htpc's optical out to my home cinema setup to get surround sound.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 darren05

tnx for the info lads, ill get that and see what the stori is, ill manage some way around the audio part, iv a 5.1 hooked up to my 5 channel mixer it has an optical output aswell. id say the headphone output should sort things out

Advertisement