Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moral dilemma kinda

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Exactly, so tell us.

You brought the guy home and enjoyed his company for an hour or so then told him to piss off and called him a taxi. If he didn't get laid then you're pretty much a prick tease.

Well, in that case I'm not! Possibly should have made it clearer originally...didn't exactly tell him to piss off, was very nice about it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

we all know what you did last summer... hehe ;)

nah, seriously? his loss tbh, i doubt he'll give much of a cr*p and just chalk it down to experience, lesson learned, etc.

i had a pretty similar situation a few years back when i left some stuff behind me, i only realised the next day, put me out for about five minutes, then i just got on with calling around to get cards and stuff replaced.

i met the girl a few weeks later in the club, she was mortified til i told her think nothing of it, had a great nite with her after in the club but declined the offer of round two...

moral of the story- he'll live and learn, simple as! you shouldn't get so hung up about it!
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Ah yeah but still, drivers licence and all in there

oh you're right, best get rid of the evidence before your bf gets back, €20 on a shredder in argos will take care of the drivers license and other related material evidence and you still have change left outta the €50 to go buy yourself a nice top so the next time you meet the guy, you can distract him with that rather fetching top you're wearing! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Sluts ,the lot of ya.

Sluts ,the lot of ya.

OP was very adamant about the fact that the guy DIDNT actually get what he came for, but left with LESS than he bargained for! lol ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

My crystal ball tells me that electro-bitch and mr.bitch will not be reunited in love after the summer.......

Open relationship while travelling = end of relationship the easy way (without the break-up part).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

I wouldn't worry about about it electro~bitch, you're just giving the manly men hereabouts fits of the vapours with your role reversal. And just as soon as they move out of mammy's house, they too will pick up chicks, have their fun, and get them a taxi home. :rolleyes:

/respect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

We made an agreement, living apart, what happens over the summer stays in the summer etc etc etc, hes probably engaged in similar carry on like

Ah, there you go.
    You're confusing the words 'boyfriend' and 'fuckbuddy'.

Anyhow, the €50 -

You already ruined the guy's night.

If you weren't going to fuck him, you could have left him to find someone who would.

So I think you should add another €50 to the wallet and post it to the address on the driving license.

• Advertisement

"You're confusing the words 'boyfriend' and 'fuckbuddy'."

personally im glad to see that at her age she isnt taking it too seriously!

"You already ruined the guy's night."

SHE didn't ruin his night, HE did by forgetting his jacket (what age was he again? geez...)

"If you weren't going to fuck him, you could have left him to find someone who would."

awww, poor chap didnt get his "roide"... please! and how dare the girl change her mind! guy coulda looked like a horses ass when the lights went up and she still wouldn't have been "obliged" to do ANYTHING with him!

"So I think you should add another €50 to the wallet and post it to the address on the driving license."

em, Gurgle, i left my wallet outside your front door, any chance you could stick a fifty in there for me and send it back? much obliged... :p

no seriously now this thread is being taken waaaay too seriously by some posters and its not that big a deal, it happens every wekend to some gobsh!te and i personally feel no sympathy for them whatsoever. im pretty sure HE'S not thinking about this by now, let alone posting it on boards (although that would be ironically funny) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭elgransenor

Piste wrote: »
    Either drop the card into the guy's SU, go to the address on the drivers licence, or go through all the cards to see if you can find the contact info.

If you keep the 50 it makes you a knack.

Still look like a knack to me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

"he must have used some kind of mind control device, because the next thing we know he was taking me into my bedroom.."

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Oh for heaven's sake everybody, obviously the real issue here isn't whether or not to keep the fifty, which I'm obviously not going to do. My problem was how the hell was I going to find him, gotten loads of suggestions now, cheers, bebod him, sent him a PM, problem solved.

You don't tell After Hours what the real issue is. After Hours tells you.

So why did you let the guy into your house in the first place? He probably got his hopes up. You cancelled christmas on him! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Terry wrote: »
    Banned

That's what I thought.

terry for mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

There's no 'dilemma' here. Give him his money.

• Advertisement

xsiborg wrote: »
    em, Gurgle, i left my wallet outside your front door, any chance you could stick a fifty in there for me and send it back? much obliged... :p
    Sure, np.
    Its in the post, though I had to take €700 out with your ATM card to cover p&p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Gurgle, your nasty post has been edited.

This is a general warning: stop insulting the OP. Honestly, she's damned if she didn't have sex with him, and she's damned if she did have sex with him.

Dudess wrote: »

This is a general warning: stop insulting the OP. Honestly, she's damned if she didn't have sex with him, and she's damned if she did have sex with him.

she did however state that she might steal €50 which is a bit low

Yes I know, I made a point about that. I'm referring to other comments though.

i think that its because of that that she's getting such a nasty reception
    that and the whole never get to do it might as well ask about it reality about touching a girl that pervales in all internet hangouts such as this

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote: »

Shes damned because when she found his wallet, she actually had to ask if it would be ok to steal his money.

I honestly couldn't give a rats ass what she did or didn't do to or with him.
    Tigger wrote:
    the whole never get to do it might as well ask about it reality about touching a girl that pervales in all internet hangouts such as this
    :D

Gurgle wrote: »
    Shes damned because when she found his wallet, she actually had to ask if it would be ok to steal his money.
    Fair points about the money. Bringing terms like "whore" and "slapper" into it however - completely out of order and bannable.

If you've a problem with a moderating decision, take it to private message or report it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

Let us know if he answers the bebo message!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

if you have an address i.e. driving licence...

the best thing to do is make up a nice parcel go down to the post office and post all the items back to him.. and use his money for postage expenses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I think you are all very harsh on the OP.

I wouldnt have had sex with the guy either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

If she found the 50 earlier in the night, would she have let him into the house in the first place???

Of if his mickey was made of Gucci, would she have given him 50 yoyos???

Hyptothetical situations FTW!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I wouldn't worry about about it Shmuel Straight Snakebite, you're just giving the manly men hereabouts fits of the vapours with your role reversal.
    God, no! Women who know their own mind and are prepared to take the initiative ftw!! In fact, my only complaint is that there aren't enough of them ... :D

And she's also perfectly entitled to invite the guy home for a coffee, and decide NOT to shag him after all. Disappointing for him, admittedly, but still her choice.

Although ... am I the only one who thinks that's not what happened:
    So I end up taking this perfectly nice, incredibly drunk young man home. Enjoyed his company for an hour or so, then decided I wanted to sleep alone so called him a taxi and bid him adieu. Wake up this morning and what do I see but his jacket and wallet on my bedroom floor. ?
    I read that as: "took him home, shagged him, and then called him a taxi and sent him off".
    But if I keep the 50 does that make me technically a prostitute?
    ... also implies to me that sexual activity actually took place.

Also this exchange:
    If he didn't get laid then you're pretty much a prick tease.
    Well, in that case I'm not!

Let me be very clear: the only bit of the OP's post which I had any problem with was this:
    But if I keep the 50 ...

I wouldnt have had sex with the guy either.
    Yeah, yeah ... keep telling yourself that!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

But she did shag him, didn't she? :confused:

Somebody said that she'd be a tease if she didn't to which she repied along the lines of "in that case I'm not a tease"

Too lazy to go back and find the quotes..why are so interested in this? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Affable

Well yeah I will, but no sign of him yet an considering all his important stuff is in there I'm starting to suspect he doesn't remember where I live :o and no I ain't no thief

If it's likely he doesn't recall where you live then post on 'missed connections' or lost property(if they have it) on Gumtree.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Collie D wrote: »
    But she did shag him, didn't she? :confused:

Somebody said that she'd be a tease if she didn't to which she repied along the lines of "in that case I'm not a tease"

Too lazy to go back and find the quotes..
    O_o

Just read the post before yours, Collie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Well yeah I will, but no sign of him yet an considering all his important stuff is in there I'm starting to suspect he doesn't remember where I live :o and no I ain't no thief

You're saying you aint no thief and youre asking whether you should take the €50 :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

O_o

Just read the post before yours, Collie!

No! :p

Sorry man, you must have been posting at same time as me, didn't see it

Advertisement