Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Problems with eiretyres?

Options
  • 16-05-2008 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Has anyone here had any problems with these people? I have ordered two tires from them weeks ago, first time they entered the country (Athlone)then were "returned to depot" so i infromed them of the problem, they sent out another two free of charge, and today the very same thing happened (ended up in west cork)!! The courier service, DPD, seem to have trouble finding Kildare :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭orbital83

I ordered 2 tyres last year, after they were a week late the courier said "they couldn't find my house", after some harrassment they sent the delivery by taxi, however only 1 tyre arrived.
    The courier said they only received 1 tyre from eiretyres.

Eventually cancelled and got a refund... never again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

Did as it said on the tin for me, half price tyres. However i live in the countryside. got the tyres delivered to a friends dub address. My mail is hit and miss at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Hi,

I have used eiretyres many, many times. I have been 100% satisifited by them by the fantastic prices. Only this week i ordered 4 tyres for my partners suv - last year i got them done in a tyre centre and paid €620. This year i got 4 of them from eiretyres for €267 - and my mate down the tyre centre fitted them for free yesterday as a favor to me.
    Heres the trick with eiretyres re;delivery.
    Get them delivered to a well known address - or contact them and insist that the courier calls you on your mobile to arrange delievery and directions etc. Get a neighbour to sing for em if need be -

Really, the savings a massive and Eiretyres or camskill.co.uk in my opinion are a great internet tyre resource.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭alpina

+1
    Have found them to be excellent, think the trick as earlier stated, be sure to include mobile# courier just calls it & all arranged.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭djeclips

I had the same problem regards delivery once....lazzy couriers as far as I could make out.

But in general they're 100% and you can't beat they're prices!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 OoSKYLINEoO

Great prices indeed, i live in the backarse of nowhere but seriously how bad are DPD to think Kildare is in west cork?? Well, i'll keep at them and sort this out one way or another

True....At least the home place being up a bog road in Leitrim was a decent enough excuse:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

I used eiretyres recently and found them to be excellent.

I accidentally ordered the wrong size first time round and they collected them and refunded the total cost absolutely no problem.

I live in the country too and they had no problem finding me!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

At this point it seems to be important to differentiate between eiretyres (who seem to offer a good service) and the couriers (who deliver (or not:D) mixed results)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

**Great seller** got two really nice Vredistien Sessantas (18/40/225) for 125 each. over 200 in a normal tyre place. delivered bang on time, a 7 day wait.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=KyWMTiXPbLQ

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 OoSKYLINEoO

peasant wrote: »
    At this point it seems to be important to differentiate between eiretyres (who seem to offer a good service) and the couriers (who deliver (or not:D) mixed results)
    Good point that, where should i post a thread giving out about DPD lol :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Good point that, where should i post a thread giving out about DPD lol :rolleyes:

Consumer issues?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=580

Peasant is bang on........the problems lie with the Couriers - DPD in my experience are just ok.........but the crowd GLS are the pits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Peasant is bang on........the problems lie with the Couriers - DPD in my experience are just ok.........but the crowd GLS are the pits.

First set I ordered were delivered by DPD (Interlink) and second set by GLS. Exact same timeframe for delivery from both!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Only problems I've had with them is that they were out of stock on some tyres. However, they were very quick to advise me of this.

As soon as I choose an alternative or ordered a tyre that they did have in stock, delivery was always accurate and very prompt.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

How much did ye pay for fitting as a matter of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

I have used them a few times with no problems, I used Camskils (spell?) in the UK recently and they were nearly €25 cheaper per tyre (€193 V €217) but some tyres were cheaper on eiretyres.

Cheers for the link macnab:)

www.camskill.co.uk were €83 cheaper for the four tyers I want to get. Only question is they're a difference between Zr17 and R17 in the size stake, Both rated for the same speed?

Cheers,
    Col.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

r17 is the tyre diameter, ZR is the top speed rating, if it was R rated it would only be rated for speeds up to 170KPH, BTW I got a great deal on Good Year Eagle F1's GD GS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭barthek

dont get me started :\

I placed an order with them on 21st of April and wired the money that day (including order number of course).
    Got no confirmation in a week so emailed them what the heck happened to my money. They said they hadn't got it. I sent them all the details of the money transfer etc. No response.

Then all of the sudden I got reminder for payment on 7th of May.
    Only 4 hours later I got an email from _the system_ that my order is ready to be shipped. Hooray I thought.

BTW when order was placed I chose one of Dublin fitting centers to have the tyres shipped to.

So I started to track the delivery via DPD tracking website. Germany (8th).. UK (9th).. and Ireland (12th) and Ireland (13th, 14th,15th and 16th) ! What's worse is that meaningless status of 'information' from Lehrte (DE) appeared on the website.
    So I called the DPD and they said they could have not found the address. What the...

I checked eiretyres website and found the address for the fitting center. Then I looked it up via yellowpages.ie. And guess what - the address they got was wrong!

So I emailed eiretyres with all the above information and got a response that the address they have are confusing cause I live at one address and the shipment was to another. No mentioning of error on their side or anything or sincere apologies.

for feck sake what kind of service is that?!

even though the tyres are cheap its not worth the effort.

on a side note - i buy loads of stuff online. and can tell you that one values online trading companies by the way they deal with problems. Successful sale doesn't mean too much...

Cheers
    Has anyone here had any problems with these people? I have ordered two tires from them weeks ago, first time they entered the country (Athlone)then were "returned to depot" so i infromed them of the problem, they sent out another two free of charge, and today the very same thing happened (ended up in west cork)!! The courier service, DPD, seem to have trouble finding Kildare :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Just reading this topic and after a training course I took part in recently, I would suggust that anyone who has or is looking to purchase cheap tyres insure that the tyree is EU complaint. This will be denoted with an "E2", upper case E symbol on the side wall of the tyre, shortly after there will be a "e2" symbol, lower case "e", which is the EC symbol of tyre noise. Insurance companies can and will default on a claim should a car invovled in a accident be fitted with tyre that do not carry this symbol. These tyres would also be not suitable for the European conditions...

I am not saying that Eiretyres supply non-complaint tyres, just a word of warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Darando

I found that many places won't fit the tyres!! Where have people used in Dublin without problems? (I know eiretyres have a list but I found they don't all really like to help) prob because their margin is on the tyres not the fitting.

What I can never understand is, You supply a mobile number. But the courier never rings you, they would rather drive around not finding you. Or maybe they don't, who knows ? sometimes I find out who the Irish end courier is and ring them, but they never ring back. now |I just use a friends dub address.

Yeah.........Couriers............they hate the rural "off the net" deliverys.......its just the way they are.

Re; tyre fitters not wanting to fit tyres you bring to them..........this is a growing problem as they know about eiretyres and camskill.
    I think a independent mobile van fitting service fitting tyres sourced of the net may become a viable business soon as i said in a previous post.

as I mentioned before a large dealer fitted my eirtyres for basicaly a tip. I won't mention their name going forward obviously.

stratos wrote: »
    as I mentioned before a large dealer fitted my eirtyres for basicaly a tip. I won't mention their name going forward obviously.

It depends if you call in and there are a bunch of lads standing round scratching themselves - then the foreman might let them fit your tyres.

Its a different case if the place is swinging full of cars.
    Might be a tip to call down to these places at off peak times.....like a tuesday afternoon @ 3pm say.:)

Advertisement