Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clan X - New Irish Based Server

• 16-05-2008 7:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Just letting everyone know of a new Irish PC COD4 Server: "Clan X". It's freshly setup (so far the max number of concurrent players we've had is 5 ;)), so it'd be great if people started to join.

It's Hardcore & Free For All at the moment. Will probably change to Team Deathmatch at some stage, once we get some more people.

Anyway, here are the details:

Clan X!
    216.73.95.247:28960

Please join and give it a shot. If you've a good ping and you enjoy the matches, add it to your favourites and visit often :)

Thanks,
    Seán / (_x_) WetDaddy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

try using normal mode.
    its hard to find a decent server with it running,
    and if you put it in the server name too more people might play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Thanks for the reply.

When you say 'Normal', you mean as opposed to Hardcore? Hmmmm... Well, the majority of us who play prefer the hardcord mode, so we will probably keep it at that. But if there's enough demand for it, we might switch it up.

As far as the name is concerned, the Server name is "Clan X!" and it's listed by that hostname, not by IP... Or am I missing something there?

We still have a few things to sort out too, so please keep the suggestions coming!

nah what i meant was, if you were to use normal mode,
    put it in the server name,
    e.g:
    Clan X! [normal mode].
    i know it would appeal to me, because its hard to find normal mode servers lately.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Cant stand noobcore mode but ill pop on your server sometime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭dacookie

I dont like hardcore, because to me its all about who spots who first wins, unless someone is a complete noob.I do like the no nade indicator though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭ToughyIRE

Eww! hardcore.......

Woah. I'd no idea so many people disliked Hardcore mode.

Personally, I'd usually choose it over Normal mode. But I'm partial to both. I prefer the simulation-y sort of effect of Hardcore.

Well, like I said above: If there's enough demand for it, we'll switch it around. What we might do is try organise a tournament of some kind for a specific date. Just for fun and also to help us get to grips with admin-ing. If people in Ireland get good pings, they might add it to the server and come back more often, so there's that benefit too.

Cheers lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

You won't see me dead on a Hardcore server either... Hateful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Its the increased damage of hardcore that ruins it, I would play hardcore if they dropping the damage and kept the radar.

I'll might pop on myself though, just to show you what happens with a good shot and a m14 in Hardcore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Standard's too easy i feel, Hardcore kinda equals the playing field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭chabsey

Having just ordered by COD4 and not yet played it, I presume hardcore is more realistic in terms of damage and the amount you can take before dying?

If it's more realistic it's the one I'll prefer I imagine. Now hopefully my purchase turns out to be legit.

chabsey wrote: »
    Having just ordered by COD4 and not yet played it, I presume hardcore is more realistic in terms of damage and the amount you can take before dying?

If it's more realistic it's the one I'll prefer I imagine. Now hopefully my purchase turns out to be legit.

Of course, everyone likes something different. I am glad there's at least a few votes for hardcore though!

Chabsey, good luck with your sale. Hopefully you won't receive a box of locusts in the post. I'm just saying, is all...

or a box of bird flu :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Will join sometime :)

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

My problem with hardcore is not the difference in playing style but the type of people that I have encountered on them. Normally I would prefer a more realistic approach to gaming. But unfortunately not playing a game or sharing my time with d1ckheads outweighs that preference.

Disclaimer: Not saying everybody that plays on hardcore is a dickhead :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Sigear

Ill pop in sometime if u have it on HC :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Be nice to have another Irish server with decent pings I hope. The E-Sports one gets decent pings post of the time, but they are pretty random in how they apply their rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭digitalninja

We don't have any rules and we have nothing else running on this server.
    It's an 8 processor 16gb ram box with a **** off array.
    It doesn't go down and it doesn't get lag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Im getting a ping of 102 on that server, is it based in ireland or where?

Im getting a ping of 102 on that server, is it based in ireland or where?

Yes, it's based in Ireland. I'm in Dublin and of all the servers I connect to (on a 3MB Eircom line - Decent enough) this server plays best for me.

• Advertisement

im Eircom 3 meg too, might have a look tonight.

im Eircom 3 meg too, might have a look tonight.

Cool, hope to see you there!

Just a side note: I think sometimes the in game-ping checker isn't quite such an accurate gauge of how smooth that server will play. Just in my own experience.

Was on last night, but no-one in the server, i'll be on tonight and have another look.

I've been keeping an eye on it the last few nights, I've never seen anyone in it. Maybe we should have a boards COD4 night on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

Thats a good idea. I got so bored waiting for people to join a few days ago, I tried glitching on the map Strike. :p

BostonB wrote: »
    I've been keeping an eye on it the last few nights, I've never seen anyone in it. Maybe we should have a boards COD4 night on it?

Definitely! To be honest, there's only about 4 of us who play steadily on it. Usually, 2 or 3 of that 4 will join and then we find others will start playing. But if we don't kick it off, it tends to stay quiet.

A Boards night would be great, if you guys would be up for it. We run TeamSpeak too, I'll have that opened up on the night in question. Just waiting on the Linux 1.6 server files to rear their heads, then I'll schedule it. By and large, what days / times suit you guys in general? Weeknights?

Any time/day will suit me, but I think friday is popular.

tomorrow night is good for me, up to 5am Monday morning

Fridays always play havoc with my pings. But I'll give it a whirl if I'm around. I never know when I'm going to get a chance to play, but its usually late 9~1am.

How about tonight 10~11? I'll check on it then.

• Advertisement

My pings get better the later in the night it is, oh hell lets do it tonight!:pac:

Advertisement