Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

streeing wheel

Options
  • 16-05-2008 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,026 ✭✭✭✭

over the lost few weeks i'v noticed that the streeing wheel isn't straight with the front wheels while driving. when i put the streeing wheel staight like the logo on it is straight like when u buy a new car the car starts to go to right. have got the tracking done lately. what could be the problem.
    would the wheels need to lined up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

when they do the tracking they are supposed to set the steerin wheel straight and keep it straight with a clamp and then they set the trackin off that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

get the wheels aligned, also make sure the tyres are at the correct pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Check all your tyre sizes and pressures - sometimes, the steering wheel can be misaligned after tracking; have a word where you had it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,026 ✭✭✭✭cena

when i seen him doing the tracking i asked him did he want the streeing wheel straight and he said no. he even brought me in the car so i could tell him what was wrong while he drove it. i thought he was doing it all wrong. would a local trye centre do it for me, or i could bring it to advance pitstop in athlone. the garage i brought it to he's gone away on holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

As others have said - it's most likely down to the way the tracking was adjusted. Some cars require the steering rack to be locked in position before any adjustments are carried out to the tracking.

It can become a real pain if it starts to affect the cancel function of your indicators.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Definitely the tracking, or more accurately, the person who did the tracking. As stated earlier, the alignment is probably correct but when the guy was doing the tracking he did not centre the steering wheel. The same thing happened to me and it drove me crazy. I brought it back and he ended up putting it off centre the other way:mad:.

Eventually, after a few go's he got it pretty right. Most people do not mind it but I'm like you. It drives me mad when its not centred. I probably need to get out more!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

tdc wrote: »
    get the wheels aligned, also make sure the tyres are at the correct pressure

+1

Advertisement