Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technical Issue: Reading large threads

Options
  • 16-05-2008 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭

Apologies if there is a technical issue forum, I didn't realy search hard though, far too lazy

If you on the frontpage of the website you might decide to click on a large thread, say 50 plus posts for example.

But you are not taken to the last post, you are taken to the middle of thread. For me to say the middle of the thread is a bad example but it happens everytime I clicked on this thread in Galway forum

Seriously, go to the mainpage and find a large thread and you will be dumped in the middle of it.

Is there a reason for it? I'm not complaining, maybe it's the software this site uses

Thanks

Edit: Just tried 3 threads on the frontpage and it didn't work but I'm not making this up. I've no reason to....
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Clicking from the front page brings you to the newest post as does clicking on a link to the newest post in a sub forum.

Clicking on the arrow beside a thread in a forum brings you to the newest post (since you last visited). Clicking on the thread title brings you to the first post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

happens to me too, when i click on 'ladies and gentlemen the bar is now open' im always taken to the middle or near the end but never the last page

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Excuse me, I've had a few.
    Just read your post again.

Clicking on any link from the front page will take you to the newest post made since you last logged, in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Apologies if I got my OP wrong, I stand to be corrected :)

But for sure, many times I've opened a large thread and being left in the middle.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

micmclo wrote: »
    Apologies if I got my OP wrong, I stand to be corrected :)

But for sure, many times I've opened a large thread and being left in the middle.
    That's because when you go into a thread it takes you to the newest post you haven't read or since your last log in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Terry wrote: »
    Clicking from the front page brings you to the newest post as does clicking on a link to the newest post in a sub forum.

Clicking on the arrow beside a thread in a forum brings you to the newest post (since you last visited). Clicking on the thread title brings you to the first post.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/30961/56220.JPG

I don't mean to alarm you, BUT YOU APPEAR TO HAVE SCREEN CHICKENS!!1!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

ROFLMFAO @ Karoma! :D:D:D

Advertisement