Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evga 8800 Ultra

Options
  • 16-05-2008 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭

I'm selling my pc........see link in my sig. Naturally i'd prefer to sell it complete, though if it comes to it what is a fair price for my 2x gfx cards?:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Anyone care to hazard a guess?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Hmmm....i'd be hoping for 600. Might just hold on to them instead.

Cheers,Squall20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭tramoredude

I would get rid of them well before June 18th if I was you......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

I would get rid of them well before June 18th if I was you......

:D

Some are also saying a €170 HD4850 should be able to match an Ultra

i7a9x7ac827ptzh03fd_thumb.jpg

Gtx280 ( card out on the 18th ) is supposedly twice as fast as the Ultra, I believe it..

• Advertisement

Maybe, maybe not.....I can run games with max AA with the Ultras,i've yet to see that with the 4870.
    Plus, I believe the new Nvidia 9900 series will be even better......time will tell ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I would definitely ditch them while they're still relatively hot property, they'll only degrade at an accelerated pace this summer.....

I always did like the sound of the Ultra edition cards though...not so long ago that 6800Ultra was the king of the entire video card world. :D

They're sold! Yeah...I remember when I got my first 6800 Ultra when they first came out. Jeez the speed at which computer components date is breathtaking!
    I'll give the 4870's a test as soon as I can get my hands on them:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

So, as I was saying, I have 3.4ghz, 1gb ram, 128mb x800se pci

Runs super smooth at 1024x768, most options set to high, so might try increase it later :)

Talking about BF2 Demo back in mid 2005 on boards, that was probably the first time in my life I was among the 'elite' of gamers :D

Every second poster had the 9800Pro...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-266723.html

Hehe...I remember when I upgraded the gfx on my first Dell to a 128mb 9600XT, was blown away by it's performance:D

And my very first post on boards.... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50473623&postcount=49 lol :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement