Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boardsies defined by single trait

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Dudess wrote: »
    Is it Tallesin?
    There is no poster of that name on these boards.

How gorgeously pedantic...

I'd have presumed (s)he meant Talliesin, myself...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Spankeh: Elisha Cuthbert
    Regi: Ooops (not so much recently)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Spankeh looks like elisha cuthbert? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Fremen wrote: »
    Spankeh looks like elisha cuthbert? :eek:

Nah, Spankeh spanks it for Elisha ...

In fairness, the dude's got taste.

DeV: "Spam?! SPAM?!!!1!!!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I spank her so hard my imprint would be confused for a tattoo.

nyom nyom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Already mentioned, but JC 2K3 and his drugs.
    Davidius and the Justice League/other comic book stuff
    Karl Hungus and Japanese people.
    Xavi6 and how much he looooves U2!:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Terry wrote: »
    If you want to compare me to a wrestler, then I would rather you compared me to the greatest champion that never was.
    Hey, yo.

Scott Hall? But he's a drunkard who.... Oh, ok, go ahead. :)

EDIT: It's a pity he ruined himself, he would have been one of the greats.

I guess for me it would be explaining over and over about how you dont get a free phone when you get your one wet in the mobiles forum. Not exciting, but there you go.

Oh, and pimping my band, SDM. So much it's part of my name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Rb_ie: He's either one of Boards' smartest folks or a psycho. I havn't worked out which yet.

Can't I be both?
    rb_ie and his south Dublin superiority complex. :p

Hrmm, I'd be more inclined to call it a Dublin superiority complex when posting in AH tbh.

Dudess and her pop-pyschology feminist earthmother/mother-hen role on Afterhours.:p

Lol.
    There's a certain poster who's extraordinarily arrogant, condescending and has the most phenomenal superiority complex I've ever encountered here. This poster also regularly veers into completely unrelated territory on threads simply to show off their knowledge. And they regularly personally abuse people. Guessed who yet...?

Terry said to keep it light hearted Dudess, the above certainly doesn't fall into that category.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

rb_ie wrote: »
    Can't I be both?

Hrmm, I'd be more inclined to call it a Dublin superiority complex when posting in AH tbh.

Lol.

Terry said to keep it light hearted Dudess, the above certainly doesn't fall into that category.

Give it a rest will ya?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

rb_ie and his ability to pwn Dudess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Degsy wrote: »
    Give it a rest will ya?

Degsey and his ability to stay focused (oh and to show photos of hisself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Tigger wrote: »
    rb_ie and his ability to pwn Dudess
    I don't think so.

rb_ie, who died and made you mod?

Anyway my comment is light-hearted - that's the nicest, kindest thing I could think of to say about the person in question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Thunderdome ahoy!

I don't think so.

Anyway my comment is light-hearted - that's the nicest, kindest thing I could think of to say about the person in question.

You GO girl..dont take no guff from him!

The person in question is not rb_ie by the way.

• Advertisement

The person in question is not rb_ie by the way.

Maybe not but he fits the bill.Is it a girl you talkin' bout?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

I don't think so.

It doesn't really matter if it's the nicest thing you can say about the poster in question, it still doesn't fall under the category of "nice" or light-hearted. If it was me I know I would be insulted, and that's not the point of the thread.

Diarmsquid:I love TY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

You're a user as well as a Mod, Terry (a mod) said to keep it light hearted. I merely said it wasn't light hearted, and would only cause trouble.

Tbh, if that's the nicest thing you can say about the person, then maybe you should refrain from commenting on them in what is supposed to be a light hearted thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Well there's one in particular... ;)

There's a certain poster who's extraordinarily arrogant, condescending and has the most phenomenal superiority complex I've ever encountered here. This poster also regularly veers into completely unrelated territory on threads simply to show off their knowledge. And they regularly personally abuse people. Guessed who yet...?

Yeah so who? Sure it's only light hearted banter, name some names....

You're a user as well as a Mod, Terry (a mod) said to keep it light hearted. I merely said it wasn't light hearted, and would only cause trouble.

Tbh, if that's the nicest thing you can say about the person, then maybe you should refrain from commenting on them in what is supposed to be a light hearted thread.

You're in breach of the charter
    Arguing with a moderator
    - Do not argue with a moderator in a thread after they have given a warning or a ban etc. If you have an issue with a moderator's action then PM the mod in question. They will discuss it with you. You can then, if unsatisfied with the PM route, take things to Feedback.

Giving cheek or attitude to a moderator will get you banned.

Do not under any circumstances complain about a mod on this forum. Do it either on PM or in Feedback.

You're in breach of the charter
    Arguing with a moderator
    - Do not argue with a moderator in a thread after they have given a warning or a ban etc. If you have an issue with a moderator's action then PM the mod in question. They will discuss it with you. You can then, if unsatisfied with the PM route, take things to Feedback.

Giving cheek or attitude to a moderator will get you banned.

Do not under any circumstances complain about a mod on this forum. Do it either on PM or in Feedback.
    I think Dudess is talking about you. Fits the bill so fair.

In a lighthearted way, of course!

Mirror wrote: »

No i'mnot.YOu are!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Quality wrote: »
    The misogynist females of the ladies lounge:D

Well there's one in particular... ;)

No Dudess is not talking about Degsy, I know who she is talking about though and her post is completely valid.

Saying that I dont think that the person we are talking about could possibly be insulted by that post, They have too high an opinion of themself to even relate themself to the post.:)

No Dudess is not talking about Degsy, I know who she is talking about though and her post is completely valid.

Saying that I dont think that the person we are talking about could possibly be insulted by that post, They have too high an opinion of themself to even relate themself to the post.:)
    Well with all due respect to your womanly all knowing-ness, it's not a lighthearted post, regardless of how the user might take it.

To be fair, rb_ie is addressing a comment I posted, not a moderating decision. But rb_ie, please report it in future rather than berating on-thread.

Look, I apologise to all for making that comment - it's not in the right spirit. Please disregard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Boooooo

To be fair, rb_ie is addressing a comment I posted, not a moderating decision. But rb_ie, please report it in future rather than berating on-thread.

Look, I apologise to all for making that comment - it's not in the right spirit. Please disregard.
    Fair play :)

And so the world is righted by Dudess's motherly ways :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Well with all due respect to your womanly all knowing-ness, it's not a lighthearted post, regardless of how the user might take it.

Well sometimes stuff is posted on boards that is not meant to hurt and here is a quote that I got off someone not so long ago...

....if someone felt that after an incident on an internet forum, they'd certainly want to get their head checked as they'd literally be taking the internet too seriously.
    They'd be the poster boy for the new "Internet. Serious business" campaign.

Its a beautiful day out there. You should be out enjoying it!

• Advertisement

Well sometimes stuff is posted on boards that is not meant to hurt and here is a quote that I got off someone not so long ago...

Its a beautiful day out there. You should be out enjoying it!
    It's cloudy in Cavan...otherwise I'd be out in a field somewhere, six-pack of Heiny and 20 B&H, catching some rays without a care in the world.... :D

Tbh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Oh noes... another on the dreaded tard list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Are we gonna get to the bottom of this or is too controversial?

Where are you that it's still sunny, Quality? Bloody clouds moved in here as soon as I left work yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Dashticle

The way mike65 'signs' all his posts with the word Mike annoys way more than it should for some reason, I don't know why.

Don't know why I'm posting that either, just needed to get it off my chest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Dashticle wrote: »
    The way mike65 'signs' all his posts with the word Mike annoys way more than it should for some reason, I don't know why.

Don't know why I'm posting that either, just needed to get it off my chest.
    You must have expected this..
    Why would it annoy you?

slideways:pac:

slideways wrote: »
    Oh noes... another on the dreaded tard list

Or the "why should anybody give a flying fcuck what he thinks" list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Ah go on.

Who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Or the "why should anybody give a flying fcuck what he thinks" list.

+1

QFT

• Advertisement

+1

QFT

Who are we talking about now?

Oooh wait wait wait.

I know who you mean

:p

As soon as I saw a reference to the ladies lounge it hit me combined with the unrelated territory bit.

Oooh wait wait wait.

I know who you mean

As soon as I saw a reference to the ladies lounge it hit me combined with the unrelated territory bit.

Share it man, my PM is always open :p

Collie D wrote: »
    Share it man, my PM is always open :p

You'll just go and tell them.

YOu treachourous scumbag:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Oooh wait wait wait.

I know who you mean

I'm confused. I'd investigate the ladies lounge for clues but last time i was there they were debating cutting men's foreskins. Too dark sided for me

You'll just go and tell them.

YOu treachourous scumbag:mad:

Harsh. :eek:
    I'm confused. I'd investigate the ladies lounge for clues but last time i was there they were debating cutting men's foreskins. Too dark sided for me

Yeah, some of the stuff talked about in there is most unladylike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Harsh. :eek:

Yeah, some of the stuff talked about in there is most unladylike

It sure is, and after reading one of those threads I will always remember a few of the LL regulars with the trait of " Hovering ".

Who are we talking about now?

Rb_ie. His trait is his Ignore List. I'm on it. Yay!! :D

Thrill wrote: »
    It sure is, and after reading one of those threads I will always remember a few of the LL regulars with the trait of " Hovering ".

Lovely.
    Rb_ie. His trait is his Ignore List. I'm on it. Yay!! :D

Yeah, read back a bit and realised who you were on about. Wonder if I'm on it

Lovely.

Yeah, read back a bit and realised who you were on about. Wonder if I'm on it

The question Collie D is do you care?! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

degsy and his I hate everyone in the world attitude.
    karl hungus and his shameless self promotion.
    snyper and his love for lolocats.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement