Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2000 Ad

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭trustno1

Such fond memories reading this blog.. my brother used to buy 2000AD (still has tons of them stored in MY attic for some reason!!) and he would never keep them in Prog order which used to drive me cracked, so in order to read them I had to sort them all into numerical order so I could follow the story lines.. sure what are little sisters for?!!..

Absolute favourites where Judge Dredd (especially when Judge Death and Co turned up), ABC Warriors (with artwork by Simon Bisley - guy is a genius) and also loved Tharg's Future Shocks!.. you can now buy them all in one handy volume which I must purchase at some stage..

Thanks for the memories!..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Deamonn

I have loads of 2000ad's. Not sure how many, but I definitely have number 1 and then the rest up to 20. So glad I have number one.

I have to say my favourite character had to be The ABC Warriors and Deadlock, Nemesis coming in second and the coolest bounty hunter ever Johnny Alpha aka Strontium Dog (Would make an amazing movie) a close third.

My collection is priceless and I could never part with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,836 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Deamonn wrote: »
    y favourite character had to be The ABC Warriors and Deadlock, Nemesis coming in second

You should appreciate what I just won on ebay so!

A3 playing card style drawing of Deadlock/Nemesis by Henry Flint

BOeCd1w2kKGrHgoH-DQEjlLlBBJu6WIYzNQ.jpg

BOeCd1w2kKGrHgoH-DQEjlLlBBJu6WIY-1.jpg

Question now, is which way to hang it?!

Gotta be Nemesis side up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Deamonn

I'd get both sides copied and hang them side by side and put the original away!

and yes i am jealous

• Registered Users Posts: 34,836 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Oh god, I don't know what I've started.
    I used to collect animation cels but managed to kick the habit after a few years as it's more expensive & addictive than crack.

Now I've discovered 2000AD original art on ebay. Looks like I'll be skipping food for the next few months.

Just bought these (First one has been delivered and is very lovely indeed) -

DSC00014.jpg
    Greg Staples, Prog 1052

DSC00012.jpg
    Pete Doherty Prog 767

& currently finalizing the deal on this -

Picture372.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement