Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Football/Championship Manager enjoyable?

Options
  • 16-05-2008 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

I've played Championship Manager and Football Manager in its various forms since 97/98 (still the purest and most beautiful form of the game in my mind - Come on Bjorn Heidenstrom!). I'd pick up the game and play it for hours solid everyday for about a month. I'd then get pissed off with it for a couple of months and then come crawling back to start off a new season.

The amount of time I've put into the game is unbelievable. It should be one of my favourite games. Its not. I actually f**king HATE it.

In terms of soul-sapping, time-wasting activities for young males its gotta be up there with masturbation. (Only just thought of that comparison but I think its apt. Or maybe it says a bit too much about my own personal habits..)

I mean, is it even a game? Its essentially an extensive excel spreadsheet with a very complicated macro attached to calculate a score at the end.

I'll probably attract the ire of half the forum for this but what do you think? Is Football Manager fun?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Hmm is it fun? i dunno. I do know it's addictive as ****, the whole "one more game" etc etc.

I guess it depends on your definition of fun; I enjoy playing it and have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I rue the day I discovered CM2, spent a few hours watching my brothers friend play it when I was about 6. It has probably ruined my education and has had drastic consequences on my life in a negative way.

Would I change a thing? No.

CM 01/02 for me was the best it has gotten....

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

You generally either love management games or hate them. A lot of people take one look at them and never want to see them again. I agree with Shoutman, I don't even dare think how many hours I've given these games.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Not so much a game as a stat obsessed simulator. If I play it last thing at night i tend to lose hours of sleep fretting over tactics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Death or Glory

FM has control of my mind

• Advertisement
Advertisement