Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital distro?

Options
  • 16-05-2008 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭

i was having a peek around and cant seem to find any info on if there is a digital distro or am i forced into buying more discs to scratch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

There is digital distribution but I'm not sure if it's only for people with early access or for anyone who wants it.

It seems there's torrents for the early access downloader, might be the best idea to try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i noticed that too, but would downloading(& installing it) via torrent break any licensing laws or basiclly feck up your account once you've registered etc.. ? or what way is the registering of your account done?

i presume its the same type of deal as WoW, install, go to webpage, register/create account, sort out payment, blah blah blah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Even if you get the early-access client you'll still need a key to actually access the game and those come in boxes.

Its pretty standard for newly launched mmorpgs to be available on cd/dvd only at first.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

so its pointless in getting the torrent lol

pretty much :)

Except where some kind individual gave you their buddy key and you didn't have access to the physical discs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

ill just head out and see if i can get the diskies. ive been told its 15gigs. dont want to kill my cap on games when theres tv shows to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KINGPIN

download is HUGE

15 gigs ,

24 gigs installed

only advantage with downloaded version is that its updated , with the boxed version your going have to download patchs straight away .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Are the patces huge?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KINGPIN

dunno m8 ^^

but going by the size of the download it self id imagine it between 300-1 gig

I've patched up and it was about 200ish meg of patches from the early access client. Of course actually connecting to the authentication server is a different matter, the joys of release day...

roll on 8(?)pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I've patched up and it was about 200ish meg of patches from the early access client. Of course actually connecting to the authentication server is a different matter, the joys of release day...

roll on 8(?)pm

9pm? I thought it was supposed to be 6pm?

Its 8pm at least thats what the launcher is reporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

so where do you actually buy the euro version online? cos all i can find is the us version

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Amazon and play are selling it...

Advertisement