Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teddies Ice Cream?

• 16-05-2008 11:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

how GOOD are Teddies Ice Creams!!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Good, and the location helps a lot

But I suspect as good as other outlets supplied by their producer;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Teddies ftw!

Nyom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Unfortunately not all of us live in fluppin Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

AFIAK they use Angelito ice cream.

olaola wrote: »
    AFIAK they use Angelito ice cream.

I think they supply most place now, Its also non dairy weather thats a postive or negative depends on your own perspective. But i am generally not a fan of UHT products

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Good, but nowhere near as good as they used to be. I know it might be nostalgia but it definitely used to be far more smooth and creamy.

eviledna wrote: »
    Unfortunately not all of us live in fluppin Dublin.

it's in fuppin' Dun Laoighaire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 goldfish007

well it's Co. Dub??

had one there the other day, nice, but definitely not as nice as they used to be. Also, they are a lot smaller (and no its not cuz ive gotten bigger)....they are genuinely smaller!

god though....they must rake it in there.

:pac::pac::pac:

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    it's in fuppin' Dun Laoighaire.

now you're just nitpicking:)

eviledna wrote: »
    now you're just nitpicking:)

why did you respond to a thread about a very specific location in Dublin?

• Advertisement

Jeebus I was being lighthearted, smileys in tow, lamenting the problem that not everyone lives in Dublin, despite the original post being

Here I was, all excited about a new flavour of ice cream only to find through googling (because of the usual non-dislosure of location if it's in Dublin habit here) that it was in fact far out of my reach.

Not something too get to bothered about is it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

If it's about a very specific region in Dublin, it should have been posted in the Dublin forum. Otherwise, don't get worked up when people point out that we're not all living in Dublin. There's a whole world outside that very small city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

wow

i dont remember making this topic but hey who cares

the shops bigger man
    they bought out the place next to them
    it USED to be just a shop for ice scream but now its lots o crap

and your right the taste has changed

do u remember buttercups up the enniskerry way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

wow

i dont remember making this topic but hey who cares

Looks like the username is accurate. :pac:

Faith wrote: »
    If it's about a very specific region in Dublin, it should have been posted in the Dublin forum. Otherwise, don't get worked up when people point out that we're not all living in Dublin. There's a whole world outside that very small city.

while we're being pedantic... Dun Laoghaire is not in Co Dublin. It is a separate and distinct borough - The Borough of Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown. Known to the locals as simply "The Borough".

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kannon

interesting, I've had this discussion with friends of mine numerous times. my argument was that the ice cream was no better or worse than most other places that do whipped ice-cream, but it has a reputation which it lives off of being really good. they disagree with me, saying it's amazing, best in Dublin etc. not true imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

what time does teddys open til in the evenings? I was thinking of going and getting an ice cream 2nite after work :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    while we're being pedantic... Dun Laoghaire is not in Co Dublin. It is a separate and distinct borough - The Borough of Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown. Known to the locals as simply "The Borough".

God I've never heard this before??? So it's not in any county as such?:confused:

Its just one of the councils that runs the Dublin area, population, Fingal for example is is the third largest county by population.

My opinion is that the location and memories have a lot of influence over people's opinion of teddies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

best 2 memories iv had of teddies is
    Me and my 2 mates had just come from Dun Laoghaire harbor Kayaking and naturally u get wet ..but i had forgotten my spare clothes and so i had no trousers .. just boxers
    anyhoo im LIKE HOLY CRAP WERE PASSING TEDDIES and i scoot over to the side
    im like lads i have just boxers on go get me some ice cream
    no.. answer
    so i just walk out in my boxers in broad daylight with like some aul ones and so on wonderin wtf
    VICTORY for me that day

but yeah your right it is to do alot memories cuz iv noticed right they dont have that HOLY CRAP iv gotta go back as soon as iv eaten this and thats happened a few times
    iv noticed right
    if im driving and i usually am and i stop off to get a teddies .. i finish it by the time i get to the top of that Kiliney HILL road thing
    i turned back a few times and gotten more
    See i think one of the reasons i love teddies is cuz i know everyone in there since i was young and 3 of my mates work there

i am scared of the old lady still cuz of the weird way she paints her face in may cup its quite disturbing

i think ill dream happy tonight

• Advertisement
Advertisement