Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

remember when aphex twin videos were banned?

• 17-05-2008 5:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭

isnt it gas now,i remember bein at a party and setting the video to record on MTV because they were going to play "window licker" and "come to daddy" videos unedited on a once off, very late at night. They seem so tame nowadays since everybody has the world weird web at their fingertips, cant actually see what the fuss was about!

just a reminder :

and

heh heh, that bit where the alien type thingy screams in the old womans face!! classic!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

I think they are brilliant clips.
    Windowlicker (1999) you do need a bit of background on that though to fully appreciate it :)
    this clip was screened when we were flooded by MTV style music clips, big imported cars, champagne, six packs and boob jobs singing coin operated plastic dolls.

a quick google search later:
    the top 10 music hit for 1999
    1. Believe, Cher
    2. No Scrubs, TLC
    3. Angel Of Mine, Monica
    4. Heartbreak Hotel, Whitney Houston
    5. ...Baby One More Time, Britney Spears
    6. Kiss Me, Sixpence None The Richer
    7. Genie In A Bottle, Christina Aguilera
    8. Every Morning, Sugar Ray
    9. Nobody's Supposed To Be Here, Deborah Cox
    10. Livin' La Vida Loca, Ricky Martin

come to daddy (1997), has been an inspiration to so many bands that it should be classified as classic material for the school of pseudo rockers.

Google search later for 1997:
    1. Candle In The Wind 1997, Elton John
    2. Foolish Games/You Were Meant For Me, Jewel
    3. I'll Be Missing You, Puff Daddy and Faith Evans
    4. Un-Break My Heart, Toni Braxton
    5. Can't Nobody Hold Me Down, Puff Daddy
    6. I Believe I Can Fly, R. Kelly
    7. Don't Let Go (Love), En Vogue
    8. Return Of The Mack, Mark Morrison
    9. How Do I Live, LeAnn Rimes
    10. Wannabe, Spice Girls

Favourite wiki Qoute:

ZX81 Competition
    Richard claims to have produced sound on a Sinclair ZX81 (a machine with no sound hardware) at the age of 11:
    "When I was 11, I won 50 pounds in a competition for writing this program that made sound on a ZX81. You couldn't make sound on a ZX81, but I played around with machine code and found some codes that retuned the TV signal so that it made this really weird noise when you turned the volume up."
    By displaying changing patterns of color on the monitor (in the case of the ZX81, as with many early personal computers, the display monitor was a television), the natural hum from the cathode ray tube was modulated, producing a semblance of melody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

I remember watching windowlicker for the first time. It was after a night out and i sat there in my living room out of my head watching it and loved every second of it. Then this mad track came on straight after it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8yx4k4tzqE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭'Ol Jack Chance

i remember watching window licker in my mates gaff after a night on the sauce and just breaking our sh!t laughing at the two guys in the car. should get a medal just for that bit alone never mind the deadly tune!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

Dun laoire wrote: »
    I remember watching windowlicker for the first time. It was after a night out and i sat there in my living room out of my head watching it and loved every second of it. Then this mad track came on straight after it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8yx4k4tzqE

Match made in heaven.
    perfect antidote to mad evil head wreckin stuff. funnily enough, until i clicked that link i had never seen a vid for that song,even tho ive known it for donkeys yonks.
    fair play.

Advertisement