Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Georges Castle in Cahore

Options
  • 17-05-2008 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

I am doing some research on Cahore in Wexford, does anyone have ANY information on the Castle or the Georges who owned it during the 19th and early 20th century?

Many Thanks

Redman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

I'm afraid I only have information handed down over the years, nothing concrete. I can give you a pretty good write up on its residents since circ. 1960 but not much further other that the nunnery stories and folklore....mind you I would be interested in anything you might find. Have you tried asking some local residents in Cahore? There are still some families there that have been there for a very long time.....it might be worth talking to them....for the most part, they're all very friendly.

Good luck.

There is a book written about all of the old houses in Wexford. I am in dublin at the moment but will be back home next week, it gives basic info about the families who lived their and a breif blurb about the house. Can't recall the title off hand sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

I would be very obliged to you both for anything you can provide me. I had family living in Cahore in the 18th/19th century and I have some brief passages decribing summers there in the 19030's which I would be happy to share.

Advertisement