Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Eyes On Me - The Story of Dublin Youth Theatre

Options
  • 17-05-2008 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

1383178735a7140331890ml.jpg
    Presents
    All Eyes on Me – The Story of Dublin Youth Theatre
    Irish Premiere Screening

Saturday 31st May 2008 at 10.30am
    Screen 1, Irish Film Institute, 6 Eustace Street, Temple Bar, Dublin 2

Directed/Produced by Joe St. Leger
    Scripted by Veronica Coburn
    Narrated by Deirdre Molloy

Free event but seats must be booked in advance
    For more information/to book a seat reply to this post or go to http://www.bebo.com/DublinYouthTheatre1
    Running time 55 mins

All Eyes on Me follows a year in the life of DYT including auditions for new members, the staging of an annual production and the 30th anniversary celebrations. Joe collaborated with ex-DYT members, Veronica Coburn who wrote the script and Deirdre Molloy who lends her voice to the narration. All Eyes on Me celebrates the work of this unique institution which has made an extraordinary contribution to the worlds of theatre and youth work since 1977.

Contributors include Veronica Coburn (Writer/Director), Gerry Stembridge (Writer/Director), Aidan Gillen (Actor) Willie White (Artistic Director, Project Arts Centre & current Artistic Director of DYT) and Gerry Colgan (Theatre Critic, The Irish Times).

Speaking about the forthcoming screening Joe said ’I have a long association with DYT going back 16/17 years through my work as photographer for the annual productions. From early on I realised there was something really special about this organisation. I’m delighted to have made this documentary and hope that people who know and do not know about DYT will learn from it and enjoy it’.

The concept for All Eyes on Me began with a conversation in August 2005 when documentary film maker and photographer Joe St. Leger was filming the dress rehearsal of DYT’s production of Faith/Angels in Meeting House Square. Joe commented ‘You know you’d make a good documentary about DYT’…and he did.

Joe has worked for twenty-five years as a staff photographer with The Irish Times and The Irish Press Group in Dublin. In 2004 he spent six months filming the Golden Eagle Reintroduction Project in Donegal. The footage formed the basis for Ri na nEan programme in Eamon de Buitlear’s series An Saol Beo broadcast on TG4 in autumn 2005. He filmed and co-produced a 52min documentary for TG4, Abhar Macnamh on the life and work of photojournalist Colman Doyle broadcast in April 2006. He also filmed, produced and directed a 25min wildlife documentary Saving the Little Tern for RTE’s Townlands series which was in broadcast July 2006.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 DYT

All tickets for the screening are now gone.

Advertisement