Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Gents Road bike & Buying Advice

Options
  • 17-05-2008 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi,

I'm in the market for a used gents road bike for some light road training. I have two price points and would appreciate a little advice.

I did my first marathon last year and do a reasonable amount of mountain biking. I want the roadbike for an alternative training option (potentially leading to a tri) but would like to buy smart now and not end up back in the market in 6 months.

Am I right in saying I have 2 choices? :

1) Buy a used aliminium frame for around €500

2) Step up a little and look for a used carbon frame bike around the €800/900 mark

I wont go older than 3 years and dont want to take too much risk in terms of age and wear of what I'm buying.

Can anyone advise as to:

a) Which to buy (and what brands/models to stick to and key frame/component tradeoffs)
    b) Where to buy (which online boards/shops etc.) and what to watch out for
    c) Of any suitable bikes for sale at present (I am 5'9'')

Much appreciated,

C.

Comments

Advertisement