Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City Players for sale en masse -

• 17-05-2008 11:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭

:eek:
    This has to be a joke or some seriously crossed wires....

Sorry Xavi6

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3572378,00.html

SHINAWATRA PUTS ENTIRE CITY SQUAD UP FOR SALE
    Posted 16/05/08 08:42EmailPrintSave

Not content with getting rid of their best manager for years, Thaksin Shinawatra has reportedly put the entire Manchester City squad up for sale.

Despite having to undergo the humiliation of representing his boss on a tour to Thailand, Sven Goran Eriksson is expected to be sacked in the coming weeks, and now The Daily Express reports that Shinawatra is so unhappy with City's performances this season that he wants a wholesale clear-out at Eastlands.

The paper claims that Shinawatra wants rid of every player on City's books - including star performers and huge assets Micah Richards, Michael Johnson and Joe Hart.

Shinawatra has reportedly sent a letter to each member of the City sqaud expressing his feelings, and wants to start next season with a whole new squad to go with his new manager.

According to The Express, the latest shambolic developments have prompted a distraught City chairman John Wardle to apologise to the squad for selling the club to Shinawatra in the first place.

The former Thai prime minister won't be short of interested parties for his players. Richard Dunne is expected to move to Newcastle for around £5million, while Liverpool and Arsenal are thought to be interested in Johnson, while Hart is reportedly a target for Tottenham.

Richards would most likely command the highest fee, with Chelsea and Manchester United both apparently interested.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

Sorry Xavi6

This is rubbish and even Thaksin Shinawatra i think made a statement yesterday about it.

Joe Hart, Richard Dunne, Micah Richards, Corluka, Johnson and Elano are Man City's only squad members i think who BIG clubs would be intersted in if they were for sale.

I dont think you have anything to worry about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Sorry Xavi6

Oh dear god! Club is becoming a joke quickly at this rate. And as for Dunne possibly to Newcastle...dont do it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

just seen this is being discussed in the Man City Rumours thread, which of course I never thought to look in........forgot we had one of those :)

either way, even though I'm not a Man City supporter Shinawatra seems like a loon and if he ruins what looked like something promising for City there'll be a riot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

For fuck sake. Anyone fancy not actually believing tabloid shite for once. I'm gettin sick of this crap.

How about when you want the real news concerning a club, why not make the OFFICIAL site your first port of call. All is explained there. Just a suggestion.

Oh and this is the second such thread in two days when we have a perfectly good Manchester City Transfers and Rumours thread.

Manchester City slam allegations regarding the Chairman

The Club have taken the unusual step today to issue a statement regarding reports in some of this morning’s national newspapers.

The stories suggested that our Chairman, Dr Thaksin Shinawatra, has put the entire first team squad up for sale and has written a critical letter to all the players regarding their performances this season.

Dr Thaksin exclusively told mcfc.co.uk “There is absolutely no truth to this story or any of the allegations. I appreciate the progress and performance of the whole squad, managed by Sven-Goran Eriksson, this season.”

Dr Thaksin also confirmed that other claims in the story of Deputy Chairman John Wardle apologising to players for selling the club were also without any foundation.

Last night Dr Thaksin dined with Sven together with the City players and staff at sponsor Singha Beer’s dinner to promote the game with the Thai All Star team in Bangkok on Saturday

Manchester City spokesman Paul Tyrrell said, “We are currently taking legal advice regarding these news reports and will pursue those who continue to run or repeat this false story and its allegations without the Chairman’s rebuttal.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I doubt that it going to happen. Just roumers. thaksin shinawatra has denied it aswell. Never trust any site till its confirmed not even sky!

I really hope city can come back next season and do the same as this season. Im sick of the same ol boring top 4

• Advertisement

How about when you want the real news concerning a club, why not make the OFFICIAL site your first port of call. All is explained there. Just a suggestion.

suggestion noted. Its actually my port of call right now, sorry its a touchy subject. I've already mentioned that I forgot all about the Man City rumours thread, so you have my apologies. It is a fairly general interest type of story too though.

oh and I never said i believed it, thats why I said it had to be a joke or crossed wires. Would need to a pretty sick kind of joke though.

It more than likely mischief making by the tabs

Ah I'm not having a go at you per se, more so the dickheads in the tabloid media who think it's ok to completely fabricate a story. It's just shit stirring of the highest order. It's really starting to piss me off now.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    For fuHow about when you want the real news concerning a club, why not make the OFFICIAL site your first port of call. All is explained there. Just a suggestion.

The season is over and the transfer mill is going to go into over-drive once the window re-opens. I have seeing many post comments on speculation about comings & goings all the time like i am sure you have posted. We all know this story is complete ****, but i think with the above statement you may be slightly over reacting. This soccer form will be covered in rummours over the next 3 months.

The season is over and the transfer mill is going to go into over-drive once the window re-opens. I have seeing many post comments on speculation about comings & goings all the time like i am sure you have posted. We all know this story is complete ****, but i think with the above statement you may be slightly over reacting. This soccer form will be covered in rummours over the next 3 months.

So why not have a quick glance at the City thread here? Or the other thread started yesterday that was quickly dismissed. I'm usually the first person to stick up any sort of news, positive or negative, regarding the club so rest assured it'll be on here.

The fact of the matter is that the story is three days old at this stage since the Express first had it and the club have already explained the situation. It's not even news at this stage.

• Advertisement

The fact of the matter is that the story is three days old at this stage since the Express first had it and the club have already explained the situation. It's not even news at this stage.

Eh i am well aware its old news if you saw my first post. M-monkey did not know it was already posted and apologised so i think you need to relax. A genuine mistake was made, i'm sure you've done the same. End of Story.

Eh i am well aware its old news if you saw my first post. M-monkey did not know it was already posted and apologised so i think you need to relax. A genuine mistake was made, i'm sure you've done the same. End of Story.

And I already said I wasn't having a go at him so don't see what it has to do with you.

Apologies for displaying a bit of passion and frustration with regard to my club :rolleyes:

Apologies for displaying a bit of passion and frustration with regard to my club :rolleyes:

Great to see as well. As i said before this soccer form will be covered in transfer stories and i think most will be **** like the Man City storie :)

Great to see as well. As i said before this soccer form will be covered in transfer stories and i think most will be **** like the Man City storie :)

Yeah fair enough. Guess I'm not just not used to people actually giving a damn about us!

its all cool Xavi6 I know you weren't really having a go.

i think people have always cared about City, mainly cos your the real Manchester team. Personally, as a football fan in general, I hate hearing stories about how teams are getting fcuked about. I agree though, the tabloid nonsense about City has gotten out of control.

even though I don't want you lot to do too well, i hope Sven stays and gets his shot.

i'd say this thread could be closed now if anyone is about,

its all cool Xavi6 I know you weren't really having a go.

i think people have always cared about City, mainly cos your the real Manchester team.

Ouch, that has really hit a nerve Mystik Monkey, but i'm not going to respond incase i receive a ban ;)

sorry............did i not add the smiley face to the end of that line...silly me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

For fuck sake. Anyone fancy not actually believing tabloid shite for once. I'm gettin sick of this crap.

How about when you want the real news concerning a club, why not make the OFFICIAL site your first port of call.

Welcome to my world.

Advertisement