Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why does God hate homosexuals?

Options
  • 17-05-2008 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

We have recently been debating this topic and would be very glad if anyone could put forward their own theories and ideas http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55962877#post55962877

So why DOES God (if a thing does exist) claim to have created all humans, yet despise people of which are his own creation? Is this simply the fabrication of desert nomads who were too ignorant too think otherwise? What are your views on religion in general? Has being gay changed your ideas, or has it always remained the same in your minds?

Contribute!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Which god ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Its obvious, for the same reason he hates you wearing clothes made from two different cloths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Sangre wrote: »
    Its obvious, for the same reason he hates you wearing clothes made from two different cloths.

Because he's a closeted homosexual? 'Like oh my god I can't believe you mixed cotton with polyester.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

He doesn't hate homosexuals.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

'God' doesn't hate homosexuals. 'God' made homosexuals.
    Some damaged creations of 'God' have trouble with this and it melts their (communal) brain.
    Meanwhile, we dress in lycra and denim and are fabulous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Well when I play Sim City my aim is mainly just having cities with huge populations and if I found out my sims were engaging homosexual practises I'd be pissed, and want to smite them down. Maybe that's why? You know, "the muslims are pushing out babies by the truckload and if we don't meet or exceed their rate of birth those bitches could pass us out".

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

The church does.
    Well maybe not hate. Fears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Jannah

PDN wrote: »
    Maybe he doesn't. Maybe he doesn't even exist! The important thing is that homosexuals DO very much exist, yet people are willing to lynch them in the name of something nobody is at all sure of.
    cotwold wrote: »
    The church does.
    Well maybe not hate. Fears.
    Its not really something the church has made up by themselves, if the church makes a major decision on whether something is 'right' or 'wrong' then they base it on the Bible/ Quran/ Torah etc
    spurious wrote: »
    'God' doesn't hate homosexuals. 'God' made homosexuals.
    Some damaged creations of 'God' have trouble with this and it melts their (communal) brain.
    Meanwhile, we dress in lycra and denim and are fabulous.
    EXACTLY! Why is it stated in so many religion texts that God hates those who are gay and then goes on to say how he has created everybody?! Surely if God is all knowing he wouldn't have made a mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Jannah wrote: »
    Its not really something the church has made up by themselves, if the church makes a major decision on whether something is 'right' or 'wrong' then they base it on the Bible/ Quran/ Torah etc

Base it on the Bible? Or interpreted the Bible in such a way which reinforces their desired belief?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

EXACTLY! Why is it stated in so many religion texts that God hates those who are gay and then goes on to say how he has created everybody?! Surely if God is all knowing he wouldn't have made a mistake?

God gave us free will. He doesn't force people to have gay sex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

god created everybody,if guys are so ugly that they cant pull girls, fair enough,arseholes are arseholes,if they cant pull girls,well what else is there,squint and male bums look the same as female.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You believe that people are gay because they're 'so ugly that they cant pull girls'? :confused:

Right so....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭Elessar

The bible was written in a different time, when it was against god to work on sundays and eat shrimp. God didnt/doesn't hate gay people, the people who wrote the bible did.

Everything is written in context

Its so obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Roro4Brit

Your point is slightly flawed in that you are misunderstanding the way in which the Church interprets the Bible. According to most religions it is not bad, wrong or evil to BE gay. It is simply immoral to PRACTICE gay tendancies. It is engaging in Homosexual acts that is evil (in the eyes of many religions.)

So as you see God did create Homosexuals (and not in error), but he also granted them Free Will. They, have the choice as to whether they bear the cross given to them by God, act in a Godly way and abstain from such unholy acts or they can choose to live a live of sin by fulfilling their urges and thus go straight to hell!!

Now before y'all go Jackie Chan on my ass I must stress that these are SOOO NOT my views on Gay people, its only my understanding of the Thread Question which is why God hates Gays.

I'm not a religious person and it is my view that as long as two people are happy together, and they can have love and respect for each other then a trivial thing like gender should not even be considered. Life these days is so full of violence, hatred and war that as long as people can live in peace, they can kick it with/date/marry whoever the f**k they want!!

Preach!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

God gave us free will. He doesn't force people to have gay sex.
    I'd imagine God would have a fair idea that by creating people attracted to the same sex there'll be some people who end up having gay sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

greatgoal wrote: »
    god created everybody,if guys are so ugly that they cant pull girls, fair enough,arseholes are arseholes,if they cant pull girls,well what else is there,squint and male bums look the same as female.
    :eek:

Someone hasn’t been out and about in a while!! Gay men ugly!?! True they have the same right be as ugly as any straight man but get with it mate!! Unsquint your eyes and get your head out of your arsehole. :rolleyes:

Best not believe in this God that created homosexuals, in the theory that they, have the choice as to whether they bear the cross given to them by God, act in a Godly way and abstain from such unholy acts or they can choose to live a life of sin by fulfilling their urges and thus go straight to hell!!

Live and let live!! Life’s too short to be wasting your time on such tat…:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

God doesn't hate gay people.
    If there is a god - he made gay people. Why would he make something to hate?
    If there is a god, he loves people. And he couldn't give a tupenny fuck what you find attractive.

If god hates anything, it'd more likly be judgmental bigots.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Doesn't "God" hate anyone who engages in pre-martial sex?

I think this God fella's just a bit of a wet blanket tbh. He's so not invited to my next birthday party!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Nah, it's just the church that "condem" it. Isn't it?

• Advertisement

cotwold wrote: »
    Base it on the Bible? Or interpreted the Bible in such a way which reinforces their desired belief?
    ... no, its in there. Black and white. In the Quran too. Tis PRETTY clear
    God gave us free will. He doesn't force people to have #######.
    As has been said before, its pretty obvious that when people of the same sex (much like those of the opposite sex) are sexually attracted to each other, they will have sex
    greatgoal wrote: »
    Pfft. Someone needs to get out more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭Schuhart

As has been said before, its pretty obvious that when people of the same sex (much like those of the opposite sex) are sexually attracted to each other, they will have sex
    I’m a tad confused. How does this square with what you say on the other thread
    I don't think I'll ever know what 'makes' someone gay- although I was watching a programme with Dr Zakir Naik (who's brilliant btw!) and he was talking about homosexuality in Islam for a short while and how he explained it is that biologically it isn't put in someone's genes that they will be gay (which pretty much sorts out my idea on it!) and that God wouldn't punish someone for a fault that he biologically put in place and because it isn't in one's genes to be gay, it is the same as how it isn't put in our genes to steal or murder which is why it is seen as a sin... needless to say, he said it a lot more clearly! But thats the general gist of it!
    Do I take it that your contention is, therefore, that the reason religion tends to prohibit same sex relationships is because people are not born gay, and that therefore pursuing such relationships can be deemed to be sinful as people were not ‘made’ that way.

I’m not particularly saying you are right or wrong in this contention – I’m just trying to figure out what you are saying. That said, I’d regard Dr Zakir Naik as a space cadet with arguments that only go down well with a friendly audience, so while I don’t know which particular video of his you have in mind I’ve a suspicion that it takes us on a journey well into the Twilight Zone.

Incidently, going completely off the point, I really have a feeling this is all going to end with you retreating from reality into a Hijab in a few months time.

The entire notion that god created gays is predicate on the idea that someone is born gay. I'm far from convinced this is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Boston wrote: »
    The entire nothing that god created gays is predicate on the idea that someone is born gay. I'm far from convinced this is the case.
    SZMZM42.jpg

:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Of course, God might just be an artificial construct of an ancient society which is used to reflect the thoughts and rules of the men which created it.

So God hates gays because he was told to.

Or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Where does it say in the Bible that God hates homosexuals?

These are the references I know of in relation to homosexuality:
    You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; such a thing is an abomination.
    For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

God doesn't hate homosexuals at all. How could He hate what He had created? He considers sexual acts with someone of the same gender to be an abomination according to the Biblical text. That isn't the same as hating someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Maybe he doesn't. Maybe he doesn't even exist! The important thing is that homosexuals DO very much exist, yet people are willing to lynch them in the name of something nobody is at all sure of.

People don't lynch gays over God, they do it because they find the practise disgusting/intimidating & through redneck logic think it will benefit them/improve their status in the troop.

Don't know where to start on that one

You could apply that logic to anything the bible is opposed to. Cut this simplisticism out immediately!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Wow I didn't even realize adults believed in god, I thought it was something made up to scare kids like the Bogeyman or Micheal Jackson.

Schuhart wrote: »
    I’m a tad confused. How does this square with what you say on the other thread
    I believe it squares perfectly well with what I have been saying in other threads. I have asked your opinions on the subject, but I don't necessarily agree with all of them. I think it is important that there are many sides to the issue- that includes those of muslims, non muslims, straight people and gay people. Obviously, when a person is attracted to that of the same sex, they will want to sleep with them, but the issue in the other thread to this is whether it is a biological thing to be gay that one is born with or if it is something that just happens to someone through life experiences etc

That may be your opinion of Dr Zakir Naik, but I personally think he is a very intelligent man. You say that his arguments only go down with a friendly audience, but in fact he answers many questions from non-muslims and debates with non-muslims. What do you want him to do? Stick him in a pile of rednecks and see how he gets on then? You have chosen a poor example of his capabilities as it is constantly interrupted by that idiot, who for all we know is incorrect themselves. If you want to see him properly (and answering an atheist, may I add) check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tuvux9ase8w&feature=related
    Schuhart wrote: »
    Incidently, going completely off the point, I really have a feeling this is all going to end with you retreating from reality into a Hijab in a few months time.
    Excuse YOU! Thats one of the most ignorant statements I've heard in quite a long time. Just because a woman chooses to wear a hijab doesn't mean she is any further from reality that anybody else. She is respecting her body and her religion, which I think is extremely admirable. If you have a problem with women wearing hijab (which, yes, is going completely off topic, and really is simply an excuse for you to vent your own Islamaphobic beliefs) then that is your problem, and not the woman's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭Schuhart

That may be your opinion of Dr Zakir Naik, but I personally think he is a very intelligent man.
    He may well be intelligent, I really don't care. But I've seen plenty of his work and he trades on misinformation. The link I posted is simply where someone bothered to point out the factual errors in one sequence of argument.

But if you want to be impressed by this sort of thing, clearly that's your choice. I doubt that credulity is genetically determined either
    Just because a woman chooses to wear a hijab doesn't mean she is any further from reality that anybody else.
    You're right. That single fact means nothing in isolation, and I haven't suggested it does.

I've simply made a prediction. Only the future will tell if its accurate.

Advertisement