Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many copies of your music do you have ?

Options
  • 17-05-2008 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

one or is two safe, do you have a hard copy of everything ? are you prepared for disaster ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

2 copies. The original CD, and mp3. Seems safe enough to me. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm not sure I understand - you mean reguar albums bought? I used to buy Lps and tape them on the first spin but that was donkeys years ago. These days if an album should get lost or damaged just erm locate it on the web and download. ;)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

I have all my CD's and vinyl as MP3 on my hard-drive and on my iPod, so three I suppose.

For downloaded stuff, I've them on my hard-drive and iPod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I have 2 copies.

One on my PC Hard Drive and one on my iAudio :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Record. And Mp3 and some cd's in my car.

Anything important on vinyl, anyone with a copy of figure 8 by elliott smith wanna donate it to me?!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

vinyl/cd/tape

PC

NAS server

mp3 player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

wow, i feel very un-prepared for disaster here.

i have my cd's. and that's it. and i've bought the same cd's more than once on numerous occasions due to damage, losing them, thievage on the part of friends etc....

i need to get my ass in gear and buy me an ipod. although that wouldn't be all that much use without a computer that isn't owned by the university of limerick. hmmm. i need me some cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I don't have too many of my CD's/records backed up.

I back up my MPs (with other data) to an external drive every few months or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭SQDD

2 Copies... Original stored on the rapidshare server and the other stored on my mp3 player :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Being the old dinosaur that I am, I replace certain copies of my LP's with CD's mainly to play in the car. If I buy new music it's CD.

I cant see any impending disaster on the horizon with this arrangement. :D

I've had the LP's for longer than I care to remember, without "disaster".

I have no music stored on my computer. :eek: I listen to mine on a good old fashioned high quality hi fi system ( remember them ?...... probably not :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Rigsby wrote: »
    I cant see any impending disaster on the horizon with this arrangement. :D

You sir just jinxed yourself! Never tempt fate like that, what were you thinking? :eek:

I don't own many cd's, I get most of my music in itunes.
    All stored on laptop and a backup drive.
    Tbh, I don't even own a cd player so have to play cds in the laptop anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

micmclo wrote: »
    You sir just jinxed yourself! Never tempt fate like that, what were you thinking? :eek:

At my age you have to think positive. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

CD/Vinyl/Cassette -> Pc -> Mp3 player

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

vinyl + backups ripped to FLAC and stored alphabetically by label and catalogue number in several external drives for redundancy

cd's come and go and are pretty much disposable, don't really buy all that many though...

Mp3's, WAVs and FLAC's stored with my Vinyl backups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Why bother with WAVs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭'Ol Jack Chance

Just 2 laptop and cd, I keep meaning to backup the laptop music on external hard drive but never get round to it. ill just buy more if anything happens. capitalism ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

most on cd/cassette/ipod but am to lazy to install them all onto pc ,although i suppose i really should.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    Why bother with WAVs?

losslessness.

Advertisement