Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC - Quik Bridge Keyfob

Options
  • 17-05-2008 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Has anyone wired a Quik Bridge wireless receiver to a HKC panel? I've the keyfob switching the receiver, but how do i wire into the alarm panel? I've the zone set to key, but what wiring confirguration is used? Single EOL?

Thanks in advance

Skip :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

What quick bridge are you using

• Registered Users Posts: 5 skipi

Hi Jnealon,

I've a RXI4N8 - Quick Bridge Loop Receiver (8 Zone)

The key fob is programmed into zone 2 which latches to N/O when armed and N/C when disarmed.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

You will need a 12VDC relay. Wire a pair from the zone of the panel into the C and NC on the relay. Give the relay a permanent positive from the Aux power on the panel. From your Quick bridge receiver you will have a single wire, wire this into the negative side of the relay. When the wireless detector activates the receiver will give the relay its negative thus opening the zone on the panel.

HKC panels aren't polarity negative like most panels that's why the relay is needed, if you had an Astec/Aritech panel it would be more straight forward.
    Hope this helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 skipi

Thanks very much. I was starting to think I mighten't have a negative loop, but I hadn't got around to checking it.

Regards,

Skip

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

You will also have to change to zone to a key zone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭derek_g34

You dont actually need a relay. I'm not 100% sure of the configuration, as its been a while. Wire a resistor across the zone, and then play around with end of line/dual resistor on the HKC and n/o n/c on the quickbridge. I've connected multiple wirless devices to a HKC without any relays

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

derek_g34 wrote: »
    You dont actually need a relay. I'm not 100% sure of the configuration, as its been a while. Wire a resistor across the zone, and then play around with end of line/dual resistor on the HKC and n/o n/c on the quickbridge. I've connected multiple wirless devices to a HKC without any relays

You have two options. change the outputs on the quickbridge to N/O instead of there defaulted N/C and wire from the output to the alarm zone on the HKC WITH the alarm link in.

OR

Leave the quick bridge outputs as thy are N/C and change the Zone on the HKC to single end of line.Then use a 4k7 resistor (leaving the alarm link in the zone) wire the resistor into the zone in series with the wire going back to the quickbridge.

Advertisement