Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Market Night Club Returns as Angel Lane

Options
  • 17-05-2008 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Anyone know anything about this, seems to be taken shape now over the past few days, also seems like they are going to open the back up also that leads out there to where mollies is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

Angel Lane. Sounds like a strip club!

I hope theyve done something good with the place and that it wont just be another carbon copy niteclub with "charts" and "various" music.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

RINO87 wrote: »
    Angel Lane. Sounds like a strip club!

I hope theyve done something good with the place and that it wont just be another carbon copy niteclub with "charts" and "various" music.
    I hope the smell is gone!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I was never in The Market before (too young when it was open), but its reputation is well known. Hopefully, even if it does have a dodgey new name :D, it will have improved enough to offer offer a safe, good alternative to Molly's and Trooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Dumdum McCarthy

As Far As I Know Its Opening This Thursday Nite!i Know The Head Bouncer And He Dislikes All Scumbags So It Should Be Safe!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Angel Lane, the irony in that name :D

I hope they got rid of the old carpet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Ill definatly give it a shot anyway. They picked a bad time of year to open though what with all colleges finishing up now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭boardsdotie

cooperguy wrote: »
    Ill definatly give it a shot anyway. They picked a bad time of year to open though what with all colleges finishing up now.

Or good Time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

haha. I finish college for good on Monday so I can no longer take offence:D However a club with no customers wont do very well. Limerick is dead most nights of the week over the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

yeah heard its open thursday aswell also heard they've put a lot of money into it and are tryin to compete with trinity rooms so they're gonna try keep out the scum element hopefully it'll be good in there. limerick needs another nightclub.!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

bazz26 wrote: »

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

well theyve kept the old sound system anyway, just refurbished it a bit.

one thing i must saw about trinity is that funktion one system is fantastic when the dj playing knows how to tweak it properly. with some of the dj's it just turns into a bassy messy sludge, but when its going good, its really good!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

The Market, scene of some of my greatest moments, was a complete kip. Glad to see if back!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Heard by all counts it looks fab inside! and over 21's! whoo hoo!

Opens Thursday night, only open Thurs to Sundays.

So I have heard anyhoo.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm looking forward to checking it out anyway. Does anyone know if it will be operating a door policy of Over 18s or Over 21s?

An Fhile wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to checking it out anyway. Does anyone know if it will be operating a door policy of Over 18s or Over 21s?

21's is the aim anyway afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

bazz26 wrote: »

+2

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

An Fhile wrote: »

Hopefully 21s :D
    What they aiming for in there?Mindless chart music and the like?

jackncoke wrote: »
    Hopefully 21s :D
    What they aiming for in there?Mindless chart music and the like?

21s and supposed to be good music.

jackncoke what you think to the grafitti adorning the estate?

Hope it gets cleaned up, even its a couple of weeks but they cant leave it there.

A book of condolences would have been better but I can undsertand teenagers want to show their respect, so not saying anything now but I hope its cleaned up after a while.
    Even the stop sign was taken down and they wrote all over that!
    And the sign to the main entrance!
    carraig-1.jpg

Sorry to have changed the subject

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Can clubs legally turn away people specifically because they are under 21? If they
    are over 18?

Thought all that rubbish with the over 21 over 23 and Dress codes went out the window
    a few years back as it was seen as discrimination ??

And wasn't there some other thing they had years back where a club had to serve you food at a certain time in order for the place to stay open and sell Booze? I remember
    places like Doc's giving out Curry and Termights giving our wedges and salty cocktail sausages.

Last time I was clubbing down that area I think the place was called Saints n Scholars
    I still have a Comp for the opening night from 92/93 I think at home along with a
    Tropics gold card!

~B

From my days in nightclub security (not up to date)

you can enter any establishment with a valid id card showing your 18 or over but its up to the doorstaff/management who hold the right to refusal.

saints n scholars is a long time ago bullets! wow how time flies!

There is such a fine line between being fine and having too much to drink that for safety reasons people are turned away and always seem to blame the doorstaff instead of the level of alcohol in their systems.

I have heard it on a few doors, the customer being told go away and have a coffee (ie sober up) and come back then, the customer takes it as a F you and they stopped me. iykwim.

Its a job but its not worth losing your life over.

The food thing, I think the law changed on that round the time of the opening hours thing came in, well in Limerick anyway as used to work in Docs then, It was mostly Chilli Con Carne that D cooked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

mk-posie wrote: »
    21s and supposed to be good music.

jackncoke what you think to the grafitti adorning the estate?

Hope it gets cleaned up, even its a couple of weeks but they cant leave it there.

A book of condolences would have been better but I can undsertand teenagers want to show their respect, so not saying anything now but I hope its cleaned up after a while.
    Even the stop sign was taken down and they wrote all over that!
    And the sign to the main entrance!
    carraig-1.jpg

Sorry to have changed the subject

yeah,i know it was an awful thing to happen but there was no need to rip down the stop sign and scribble all over the entrance

• Registered Users Posts: 14,464 ✭✭✭✭cson

It'd be all covered under Public Order Offences.

Kinda disappointed its gonna be >21s (according to mk-posie) cos tbh I'd like to have somewhere else to go other than trooms and icon. :o

cson wrote: »
    It'd be all covered under Public Order Offences.

Kinda disappointed its gonna be >21s (according to mk-posie) cos tbh I'd like to have somewhere else to go other than trooms and icon. :o

guess it depends though, as with any place, if yer well mannered etc.. it gets you places, worked for me before I worked in nightclubs, I always remember anyone who gave guff never got anywhere! (long time ago now though, lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

hey where did you hear its openin friday instead??had a good ol night planned for thursday and all booo..i actually can't wait to get a look at the place!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

It will be like any other new pub or club that opens in Limerick (Packed for the first few weeks then it will die down)

Harpy wrote: »
    hey where did you hear its openin friday instead??had a good ol night planned for thursday and all booo..i actually can't wait to get a look at the place!!

Ah its who you know! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 GabbyMac

If anyone is going can they let us know what its like. Trying to organise a hen night for 31st May and loking for info on night clubs

Stab*City wrote: »
    and im sure they dislike him too.. what gives these ****in bouncers the right to label people scumbags when most of them are scumbags themselves i mean jesus everybody knows all you need to be a bouncer in limerick is a black bomber jacket a shaved head and an attitude like what u have described..

See I didnt like the origional phrasing of that cause its not an accurate reflection on doorstaff. ie post from dumdummccarthy.

and

Stab*City

That is no longer what you need to qualify.

There is a long list of requirements, Garda clearance and a security course to be completed before you can now work as a doorman.
    Times have changed my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

mk-posie wrote: »
    Garda clearance and a security course to be completed before you can now work as a doorman.

security course hmmm i know a few bouncers that never did a security course.. sounds very hard i wonder what it entails..

module 1: how to say regulars only
    module 2: how to ruin peoples nights
    module 3: how to be aggressive (courseware provided i.e steroids)
    module 4: how to operate a bluetooth headset
    module 5: how to look meanacing while wearing a black bomber jacket

as for garda clearance i have seen convicted criminals on doors in this city..

• Advertisement

I guess my only response to that is everyone is entitled to their opinion and you can have yours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement