Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New 360 for me

• 17-05-2008 2:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

I am seriously considering getting a 360 later today and I just was just wondering what you guys thought of the following deals;

Xtra Vision - €299

Premium Xbox
    4 Games

* Project Gotham Racing 4
    * Gears of War
    * Forza 2
    * Halo 3

Gamestop - €299

Halo Edition Xbox
    Halo 3 Legendary Edition
    Plug And Play Kit
    €100 worth of vouchers.

So, what do ye think? Which one should I go for? Baring in mind that y brother already has GOW, Forza 2 and PGR4 so I won't really play them....

Also, what's with the €100 vouchers? Are they the type that are like, €10 off when you spend €100 or something?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

A mate of mine went into Xtra Vision Donaghmede yesterday to get a 360 and they stopped the 4 game deal, they only do a two game deal now. Halo 3 and GTA4, don't know how much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Ring gamestop and ask them. It looks like a good deal if the vouchers can be used together and aren't just 5-10 euro vouchers that make up 100 euro in value that means you just get 10 euro of 10 games as long as you use them in the next 3 months or something like that.

I think you already got it though didn't ya? Assuming your the same person that posted on exiledgamers.com earlier? If not that is some conincidence on the user name :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

brim4brim wrote: »

I think you already got it though didn't ya? Assuming your the same person that posted on exiledgamers.com earlier? If not that is some conincidence on the user name :P

Yeah it's me :)

The vouchers are the sh¡tty ones though. €2 off when you spend €29.99 on a preowned game and stuff like that. It's not great.

I got the Halo one because I think it was a good deal. If I was to buy just the Premium on it's own it would have cost €280 so all in all, I paid €20 for an extra plug and charge kit, the cool paint job and then the legendary edition which is normally like €100 odd quid.

Sorted.

Its a good deal, shame about the vouchers but I knew they'd do that!

At least you got legendary edition of Halo 3 so that kind of makes up for the vouchers not been the best and I'm sure you'll put them to good use anyway.

And your buying at the right time too since the new 360's are slightly more reliable than the earlier ones although I supposed we'll find that out in about 6 months.

I got my elite after trading in my 360 yesterday :D Its whisper quiet compared to my old premium as it has the Benq drive in it. That fan still makes a lot of noise though, I wonder is there anything you can do about that like spray it or something. *opens google tab*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

i was wondering that can i hook up a 360 with this PC monitor

http://www.twenga.co.uk/prices-SyncMaster-741MP-SAMSUNG-LCD-monitor-51952-0

• Advertisement

4real wrote: »

Yes it uses VGA so you'll need the VGA 360 cable
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360vgahdcable/default.htm

You might be able to get a HDTV for the price of that monitor if you shop around. I'm not sure or if it would be a decent TV but have a look around anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

does that cable come straight out of the xbox 360 system or sold sperately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,899 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

does that cable come straight out of the xbox 360 system or sold sperately
    seperately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Check out Game, I just bought a core system pre owned for 165 euro today.
    It comes with a 1 year warranty, and it doesen't look wrecked or anything....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Thats a LCDTV so it will accept scart no problems like a tv should, looking at specs though it doesnt seem to have any hd imput so for hd youll need a vga cable as suggested...

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Just a warning about the VGA cable though, I hooked my 360 up to my flat-screen Dell monitor and it was incredibly dark. Even with the brightness as high as it could go. I'm not sure if its just my monitor, but games like PES were unplayable because of it. It was just like taking a corner in the dark. HD tv is the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I'm using the VGA cable on a Dell Monitor and the picture is fine. Maybe you have a dodgy cable.

I used one and I've now switched to HDMI, I originally used the component that came with it and I've used the Scart before I got a HDTV.

The VGA cable is fine IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

My old premium finally got the RROD at the weekend, so that's off for repairs.

In the meantime, got an Arcade in Gamestop for €220 (with 1 free game, good choice incl. Halo 3, I got Tiger Woods '07). New Falcon model with BenQ DVD drive, runs a bit quieter but not a lot. Using VGA on my plasma, don't see the need to go to HDMI.

Stuck in my old hard drive and away I went again :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Makaveli wrote: »
    I'm using the VGA cable on a Dell Monitor and the picture is fine. Maybe you have a dodgy cable.

And some xbox games cannot be played on the 360 through the VGA cable as well. eg. Halo 1, Half Life 2 (the xbox version) etc.

Advertisement