Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of CMS is this?

Options
  • 17-05-2008 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

I've been asked to help out with a techie problem and I'm stumped. It involves putting new content on a site, and my colleague is using a custom made CMS. (from www.ican.ie)

After she's put in new content in a project, it doesn't appear on the site. I suspect an approval step but there's no hint of that in the CMS and no options to unhide content etc. There are barely any controls in her interface other than save.

Any ideas how to find out what the CMS is? I looked at the page source (on suas.ie it's obvious that we use typo3), but didn't see anything obvious.

thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Custom made or customised? If it was completely ground up custom built she may need to go back to whoever designed the site for support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

It looks like a custom built job to me, no markings of any open source work that I can see. In which case she will indeed need to go back to the guys that built it originally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Suepernun

I am the 'she' in questions. Thanks for the replys. I will contact the agency directly. I just assumed if they gave ma login and password to the back of the site I would be able to change and alter without contacting them.

thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Well you're right, you should be able to. You probably are, it's just a bit more complicated than perhaps it should be...

Advertisement