Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Broken 360. They're sending me an empty shipping box. Anyone any experience with that

• 17-05-2008 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Got my repaired xbox back on wednesday. Got GTA 4 too! Wahey.

It broke again the next day... Not Wahey!

This time they're sending me a new 360 apparently. And I don't have to supply my own shipping box (thanks microsoft :rolleyes:).
    wrote:
    · You will receive an empty shipping box with further instructions included in the package.

Has anyone had any experience with that? Does it take long to send out and who actaully sends it out? UPS? I rang them and they weren't sure of the situation because no shipping label existed at that point (its meant to come with the box apparently)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

They send out the box, UPS delivers it. I handed my console to the UPS guy and that was all I had to do.

I think if you aren't there to meet him you might have to arrange a pick up which is just hassle imo. Check the sticky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,223 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

It's a load of crap really. You get a box sent to you in order to send it back again. It's meant to save time or something, but the box comes from Germany, to UPS, to you, to UPS, back to Germany, back from Germany, to UPS, to you. It'd be easier for you to put it back in the box and bring it to UPS, cutting out 3 steps and 5 working days.

I had to send mine back because the disc drive wasn't up to snuff. I rang 22/4/8 and was told I'd have the box within 2 working days, if not ring back. I rang back on 24/4/8 and the next one said 5 working days, ring back Monday if nothing arrives. Rang back 29/4/8, only then was I given the UPS tracking number. UPS couldn't find me, so they didn't bother ringing me. I arranged to pick it up myself. Picked it up, and shipped it off again on 1/5/8. Arrived back 16/5/8.

Could've saved myself a week if it wasn't for the "special box", which was only slightly bigger (to take the PSU and cable) than the first box I got back. :mad:

Advertisement