Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK bank account question.

Options
  • 17-05-2008 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

I would like to know what personal details are required in order to set up a bank account in the UK. What forms of identification are normally accepted (for instance would an Irish drivers license be valid)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

I've been told it's impossible to set up a UK account if you live in the Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Pretty much the same as here:

Proof of ID (passport - Irish drivers licence may not cut it)
    Proof of address (statements/bills) etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

kensutz wrote: »
    I've been told it's impossible to set up a UK account if you live in the Republic.

I should be there when I'm looking to set it up.
    BuffyBot wrote: »
    Pretty much the same as here:

Proof of ID (passport - Irish drivers licence may not cut it)
    Proof of address (statements/bills) etc

I was afraid of the last requirement, that should prove problematic. Do I need two forms of ID?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yup, but if you can get your Irish bank statements addressed to your UK address in they may accept them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭Blackjack

I got an account set up in the UK prior to moving over there. I contacted my Bank, who offer a personal banking service there (BOI) and they told me what I needed to do as regards giving details and info about circumstances etc.

Had the account number 2 days after posting the details. Top class service from BOI on that to be honest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement