Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Integra Type R DC5

Options
  • 17-05-2008 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I read online that the integra type r engine number should start with k20a2. I'm looking at buying one but motorcheck.ie say the engine number starts with 420A0.

Can anyone with a genuine DC5 integra type R in ireland please explain this for me? I don't want to buy a non type R...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Surely one would notice the difference from driving a Type R and a non Type R?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭ldusoswa

LoL, yes of course,

but i haven't seen/driven it yet and i'm just doing my homework on the car. I am only buying after i have seen it, but i'm curious about the engine number...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd say you might be a quicker more accurate answer on one of the Honda enthusiasts forums to be honest.

You could also enquire on www.octane.ie.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

post up some pics of the car in question. but you are right in saying the engine code is the K20.

have you got the chassis number?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

DC5 comes in 2 variants,both are i-vtec and 2.0 K20,the Type R is K20A,The non R is K20A3.

Theres a good few of the non R versions here now and being modded to look like the R,to someone who hasnt got a clue about the cars you could well be stung but id say the motorcheck info is probably where the fault is,post up a link to the car to be sure

• Advertisement
Advertisement