Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Northbound Cam

Options
  • 17-05-2008 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭

That north bound camera after the ballymun exit has a sign in front of it now, it's not as obvious as it was before, just mentioning it anyways since the limit has dropped to 60kmh on that stretch.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

someone throw a burning tyre over it fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Strange how it doesnt happen here yet in the Uk it's common practice

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Maybe we just have a lower percentage of vandalising scumbags?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

None of the fixed cameras on the M50 are currently operational. I have a radar detector and they have been out of action for the last 3 months or so.

There is a lot of debate as to whether they ever worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

ksimpson wrote: »
    None of the fixed cameras on the M50 are currently operational. I have a radar detector and they have been out of action for the last 3 months or so.

I've seen peole flashed by the one at Tallaght more recenly than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

ksimpson wrote: »

Don't think they use radar, that's why there's a grid on the road, so the camera can measure your speed. Your radar will only detect radar when its pointing down a road and your device will pick up the radar spread.

I drove passed the one at Tallaght about a month ago and it flashed the guy behind me, well I hope it was him anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

Don't think they use radar, that's why there's a grid on the road, so the camera can measure your speed. Your radar will only detect radar when its pointing down a road and your device will pick up the radar spread.

I drove passed the one at Tallaght about a month ago and it flashed the guy behind me, well I hope it was him anyway!

They do use radar..

http://www.dashdriving.com/tutorials/fixed-speed-cameras.htm

Advertisement