Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why no fifa forum?

Options
  • 17-05-2008 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

No interest I guess.

If you're interested in setting one up, you can make a request here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=461

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

sound thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Pro Evo is better as well, no need for Fifa :p

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

FunkZ wrote: »
    Pro Evo is better as well, no need for Fifa :p

Not this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

cheesedude wrote: »
    Not this year...

+1

Yeah, where is the FIFA forum?

I'm not a troll or anything, but FIFA was a lot better this year, they're really stepping up to the plate.

FIFA 09 and PES 09 will be interesting, looking forward to both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

anyone who wants the fifa forum give an aul +1 on this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055295794

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

slightly off topic I know but can some of the FIFA fans tell me how the hell you get your world ranking and how it all works. I know what level I am but can you actually see your ranking and also the rank of the player who you are playing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Why no fifa forum
    Because as far as I know you have to be over 12 to register on this site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Because as far as I know you have to be over 12 to register on this site.

This myth that fifa players are little kids has to be dispelled, i was a prob evo nut til this years abosolute farce of a game, which in my opinion is far more of little tyke's offering, with the dribble from one of the pitch to the other with has beens such as rui costa! I also notice that activity on this thread has died down an awfull lot since it's generally been accepted (not here of course) but in the real world that the game is absolute balls. Beginning of the end i fear. Two cracks at next gen both went tit's up, and fifa is a good game, no denying it.

I would also say its far far harder to master than this years pro evo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

givyjoe81 wrote: »
    I would also say its far far harder to master than this years pro evo.

Seconded! totally agree with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

+1 only on one condition... :p:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Seconded! totally agree with that.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

WellyJ wrote: »

Ooh, clever! I see what you did there! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

WellyJ wrote: »

I'm sure you've greatly enlightened him... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Plambey

cause pro evo is the only football game you will ever need, no point wasting internet space on fifa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

Have you played Pro Evo this year.I'm a fan of the series but this years one is a massive disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Plambey wrote: »
    cause pro evo is the only football game you will ever need, no point wasting internet space on fifa.

LOL this guy has no clue what he's talking about.

Paddy has been retired from serious PES playing since the days of the "Mikey Flick".

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭horsecrap

bennyc wrote: »
    slightly off topic I know but can some of the FIFA fans tell me how the hell you get your world ranking and how it all works. I know what level I am but can you actually see your ranking and also the rank of the player who you are playing ?

if you go to my fifa08,then go to my online career.press r1 and scroll through u should see who u played last etc. go to their profile then.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

pes 2008 is a slight downgrade from pes6. I dunno how that makes it cack for so many ppl ho have turned.

Im starting to think there should be a FIFA forum... Like, where do i put all the new FIFA 09 screens and info?

• Advertisement

And Uefa Euro 08 is unbelieveably better than Fifa 08...try it if you do not believe me...PES has a huge obstackle to overcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Are you being serious cheesedude? I am torn over fifa 08. It has improved over other fifas immensely ( although I hadn't played one since 2005) but this fifa is actually playable. It also has more scope in the gameplay for people who take the time to see it. Having played the new pes only a small bit I really amn't that much of fan BUT imo PES 6 (my game of choice) is still a good bit better than fifa.

Bottom line: I will not disregard fifa completely from now on.

I don't think there are enough people interested on here to warrant a forum though.

EDIT: Just went to check out review of uefa 08 but as soon as the guy pronounced it Yoo eee efff aaayyy 08 I had to turn it off :)

Yeah cheesedude i have a few mates that are total PES fanboys who didnt like FIFA 08 but think UEFA Euro 2008 is the best footie game ever. Its strange because while i like it more than FIFA i dont think its that different.

Yeah being deadly serious...it's a total different game. A much better experience...put it this way...they have made improving fifa 09 much harder...i hope they can do it

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭TheAlmightyZeus

Fifa '99 owned, after that I fell out of love with the series. It may have been better then PES this year but Sensible Soccer would have been too.

I wouldn't say it's better than PES this year, just FIFA improved and PES took a step down.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

+1

Oh c'mon, don't bump this thread back up!! BTW, Thanks for the 'Thanks'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Nailz, my Spanish speaking amigo!

I didn't go near Fifa 08 because of 07. In 07 I had most of my fun in the arena. I got PES 2008 when it released last year and played it happily until I found Fifa 08 for 10 quid in some random shop last week. Honestly, I've always been a PES man, but Fifa 08 is actually brilliant, it still has to iron out alot of creases, but once they do, it'll be a much more polished next gen experience (fair play to them for reinventing the franchise).

Are you serious about Euro 08 lads? I always thought they were just the exact same game as the Fifa's with less teams!

• Advertisement

eZe^ wrote: »
    Nailz, my Spanish speaking amigo!

I didn't go near Fifa 08 because of 07. In 07 I had most of my fun in the arena. I got PES 2008 when it released last year and played it happily until I found Fifa 08 for 10 quid in some random shop last week. Honestly, I've always been a PES man, but Fifa 08 is actually brilliant, it still has to iron out alot of creases, but once they do, it'll be a much more polished next gen experience (fair play to them for reinventing the franchise).

Are you serious about Euro 08 lads? I always thought they were just the exact same game as the Fifa's with less teams!
    Hola eZe^!

Yes, but honestly can you say it's a better game than PES? Like, let-downs and improvements aside, as if you were give two brand new games with no history to test out, would you say Fifa is better? IMO, no. I don't know how many times I've quoted this but I'm going say it anyway. "Fifa improved this year, Pro Evo was a let-down this year, it doesn't mean it's a better game."

Advertisement