Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any idea on value - 00 Celica

Options
  • 17-05-2008 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

You might have seen me mention this in another thread...

Anyone know what I could expect to get for a 00 Celica, 70,000 with a new engine installed by Toyota at 63,000?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

My guess would be around €9k to €9.5k if you want to shift it quickly. Celicas are hard enough to sell these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭jeff lebowski

Would it be that low?! I was looking at prices on carzone and cbg and they are around €12k, €11.5k. It just passed the NCT as well and has new alloys

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Would it be that low?! I was looking at prices on carzone and cbg and they are around €12k, €11.5k. It just passed the NCT as well and has new alloys

As I said that is only my guess but the ones asking €11.5k and €12k on carzone and the likes are "asking" prices not the final "sold for" price. And notice that they are still unsold. Alot of them are also dealer prices too who offer warranties which you don't offer.

You need to look at the cheapest private seller's price up there and under cut that to try and sell it quickly otherwise prepare to be stuck with it. There are around 70 year 2000 reg Celicas for sale on carzone alone, your competing against them and its a buyers market out there.

Remember a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

hmmm id offer 10-10.5, has it Any mods ?

No mods....unless you count the brand new engine as a mod!

Standard interior, CD Player, Air-con etc. Putting new alloys on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

why the new engine do you mind me asking. has it any service history. could you send me some pics.

for 12k you'd get a VVTLi celica

Id say you would do well to get 10k

You might get a VVTLI for around that but the main plus this car has is the brand new engine. I spent €2400 sorting that out.

I dont have a full service history, just from when I bought it in May 06.

The old engine pretty much seized. Dunno what the story was, I had oil and everything in it all the time and no warning lights came on. Toyota garage think previous owner must have drove around with no oil in it or something at some stage then eventually it died when I owned it. Obviously I didn't know this when I bought it. They said it was cheaper to replace the engine than it was to fix it.

I could go and take a few pics alright.....why, u interested? I'm putting it throught the NCT in mid June and putting new alloys on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ncc98071

I sold a 01 vvtli celica back in february
    sold it for 12000
    It had 90000 miles, full service history
    was the nice thunder grey colour with full leather and climate control
    I was a long time trying to sell it on carzone , eventually got it sold after it been nearly the cheapest 190bhpcelica for a good few months
    Cracking car so they are though

Never drove a 190bhp one but they are a lovely car to drive. I only changed mine because I need a bigger car, a coupe is too awkward for me.

This one is red and is in v good nick so hopefully I can sell it easily enough. Haven't advertised it yet tho

Advertisement