Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Im moving to Sligo.....Help please?!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

I moved here from 'the midlands' about 20 years agao and made loads friends...Don't worry, it'll work out fine...It's a great place...

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Well if any of you see a mad looking woman with a camera stuck to her face, come and say hello....I'll be your friend:D

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Xiney wrote: »
    Not really new... it's "Word" but spelled wrong.

God explaining it makes it so much less cool. I hope you're happy.:mad:

Word? Sorry, don't understand...:confused:

I'd rather not get involved with the buffs, thanks! I was planting a few things in the front garden earlier and a car with three old fellas in it actually stopped and they all leaned towards the passenger window to have a good old gawp at me. I'm no oil painting so it was a bit worrying...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Word. It's a sort of rap term of agreement. Like "Yeah, I know" to other people. Makes more sense if the person saying it is "blingin'". And if it was the early to mid nineties:rolleyes::D
    Don't worry OP. It's gotta be better than the midlands, eh?:p

il gatto wrote: »
    Word. It's a sort of rap term of agreement. Like "Yeah, I know" to other people. Makes more sense if the person saying it is "blingin'". And if it was the early to mid nineties:rolleyes::D

Thanks for explaining. Was never into rap...have a hard enough job of understanding the people around here. I met a lady along the road walking her dog and she greeted me with, "Who's that, that's in it?" Hadn't a clue what she was on about and only realised later that she was asking me my name! :D

Sometimes I wonder if Geevagh exists in some kind of bizarre parallel universe...:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

genie wrote: »
    Thanks for explaining. Was never into rap...have a hard enough job of understanding the people around here. I met a lady along the road walking her dog and she greeted me with, "Who's that, that's in it?" Hadn't a clue what she was on about and only realised later that she was asking me my name! :D

Sometimes I wonder if Geevagh exists in some kind of bizarre parallel universe...:confused:

Geevagh IS a parallel universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

genie wrote: »
    Word? Sorry, don't understand...:confused:

I'd rather not get involved with the buffs, thanks! I was planting a few things in the front garden earlier and a car with three old fellas in it actually stopped and they all leaned towards the passenger window to have a good old gawp at me. I'm no oil painting so it was a bit worrying...:eek:

Poor Genie! Maybe it was your plants they were after?! Or perhaps you are absolutely stunning and Geevagh have never seen the like of it!

Xiney wrote: »
    To be perfectly honest I've been on the brink of posting something along the lines of "please be my friend" for aaages

only my last shred of dignity has stopped me so far.

To hell with dignity anyway, it's lonely up here!

I'm your friend, you big looser!:D
    Are you still coming to my house on Saturday? We need the help of the fellow Boardsies here to plan an escape. I'll have a housefull (several housefulls) of my ex-in-laws... I'm thinking of setting up some sort of system of ropes and pulleys to get me over the back wall.

I apologise OP, way off thread here! Your more than welcome to come to mine next Saturday - I'll give you a leg up when we're going over the wall!

sueme wrote: »
    Poor Genie! Maybe it was your plants they were after?! Or perhaps you are absolutely stunning and Geevagh have never seen the like of it!

Absolutely stunning? Me? Thanks very much but no! :D I was wearing a white T-Shirt so I'm convinced that they mistook me for a sheep! ;)

I'm thinking of contacting Michael Palin and asking him to do one of his travel series here. Geevagh:The Parallel Universe. :D

I'm not selling Geevagh very well, am I? Maybe I should just refer to the place as unique, covers a multitude of sins...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Heading4Sligo

Im sooooo lost!!!

But did someone mention cute Donegal boys??? God I love the Donegal accent! I was up there for the May bank hol surfing and it was the best craic Id had in ages!!!

The fact that we had a hot surf instructor did help mind you!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Im sooooo lost!!!

But did someone mention cute Donegal boys??? God I love the Donegal accent! I was up there for the May bank hol surfing and it was the best craic Id had in ages!!!

The fact that we had a hot surf instructor did help mind you!!! :D
    Bloody hell i knew it, that them donegal lads may all get permanent larengitis! with their wee this and aye that!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

sueme wrote: »
    I'm your friend, you big looser!:D
    Are you still coming to my house on Saturday? We need the help of the fellow Boardsies here to plan an escape. I'll have a housefull (several housefulls) of my ex-in-laws... I'm thinking of setting up some sort of system of ropes and pulleys to get me over the back wall.

I apologise OP, way off thread here! Your more than welcome to come to mine next Saturday - I'll give you a leg up when we're going over the wall!

mwahaha.

Never said I hadn't ANY friends. Just that I've a far cry from the 80 or so "good" friends I had in Montreal...

And come on Sue, free food? You know I'm there. om nom nom!

slideways wrote: »
    Bloody hell i knew it, that them donegal lads may all get permanent larengitis! with their wee this and aye that!!!!

Ah Im a sucker for any accent reallly.....especially when I have a few glasses of vino in me!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

When are you moving to Sligo OP?

Hoping to move over in the next month or so.... Ill know for definate by the end of this week!!!

I was chatting to 2 girls today who are renting out a room in Strandhill and they seem lovely so Im hoping it won't be gone!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Buttercup

Hey Boarders, god haven't been on here in ages. I'm also moving up to Sligo in the next two months so if you have nothing gotten by then let me know and we can find a two bed . I'm starting a new job monday but have to go away training for it first for about 8 weeks. I'm going to need to have somewhere for middle of july I;d say so let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Ainekav

yeah strandhill is your best bet for a bit o surfin.
    nice places to live mmm strandhill, maybe somewhere like larkhill (near kevinsfort) which is on the outskirts of town..
    youll meet people soon enough, youll be headin out to toffs or velvet in no time!the student areas are near the i.t. obv so you can steer clear of that area if ya want..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 freddo

No wukking furries at all. Just come on down, Sligo is full of great people. For Surfing is the fastest moving watersport after Scuba and we have all of that plus more. there are two Surf Schools in Strandhill who not only teach you to Surf Safely and Well, but with a massive 600 mm Canon Lenses take photos of your first and subsequent attempts at standing on a board. <snip> Welcome to the rest of your Life .
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

I couldnt get out of the place fast enough, horrible place to live. Galway is far better.

newblue08 wrote: »
    I couldnt get out of the place fast enough, horrible place to live. .

Nice contribution, cheers.

• Advertisement

No point lying to the lady and telling her its great

As the OP has already stated they are moving to Sligo and that fact is not up to discussion, you'll keep your comments helpful or to yourself, take your pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

You said it Xiney. funny how all the I hate Sligo brigade hang round Sligo Boards long after they have moved elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

It's because they have no friends where they've moved to:pac:

How I miss that outstanding Sligo wit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

newblue08 wrote: »
    How I miss that outstanding Sligo wit.

There is a Galway forum you know?

Why don't you head over there where you will be more welcome!

Don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Gillie wrote: »
    There is a Galway forum you know?

Why don't you head over there where you will be more welcome!

Don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out!

This is why I missed you :D

newblue08: you really wanted that infraction, didn't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭DenMan

I want to go surfing. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Ok Guys, Enough of the off-topic posting now.

Advertisement