Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dunnes Stores: Which side is the front?

• 17-05-2008 7:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭

I've just had an argument with my friend on Msn debating which side of Dunnes Stores is the front?
    the Kierans Street Side or the Car park?

On one hand the car park side Looks like its the front as it was recently redone (about 6 yrs ago) and its got that big glass window thing.. but the delivery entry is very close to that side too, in my opinion it only looks like the front when you're close to it, if you pass along on the road it appears to be the back

on the other hand Kierans Street looks to be the entrance as its on a pedestrian street ..but lacks the feeling of the entrance-mainly as it wasnt redone and theres always kids hanging around it..

What do you think? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

My money is on the car park entrance...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

My money is on the car park entrance...
    Indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭just-wonderin

KatCookie wrote: »
    I've just had an argument with my friend on Msn debating which side of Dunnes Stores is the front?
    the Kierans Street Side or the Car park?

Kierans street is the address of the store so i'd think that would be the front

It would be the notional address for the collection of rates etc. I don't think it makes it the front. The only way to find out for sure would be to find the planning application and look at the plans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

The side that faces the car park is much more like what you would call the entrance to a supermarket. That's where the trolley bay is and where you get the easiest access to the grocery part of the store. Can you even pick up a shopping basket at the Kieran Street entrance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Firetrap wrote: »
    The side that faces the car park is much more like what you would call the entrance to a supermarket. That's where the trolley bay is and where you get the easiest access to the grocery part of the store. Can you even pick up a shopping basket at the Kieran Street entrance?

trying to think on this and i cant remember for sure though ive used both enterances loads of times.... i dont think you can pick up a shopping basket that side, i think its just the steps and the passport pictures machine booth,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

But the kierans street side is headed towards town.. the rest is just the backside of kilkenny haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

I'm going to say car park side as the creche is on that side, the stairs up to the cafe, most the weekly/daily specials crap is dumped there, baskets/trolley bay, there's the off license entrance on that side too, its bigger and the only door that actually stays open 24 hours is on that side. that side was nearer the ATM's till the moved them to op ends of the shop. If I told any of my friends I'd meet them at the entrance to dunnes they'd go to the car park side unless I said Kieran street.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackbeard

has to be keiran street

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I'm going to be controversial and say Kieran Street and the car park are both the front - they never really planned for one or other to be the official entrance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I used to work they and we were told keiran street entrance is the back and the car park is the front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Purry Cat

Is this the most pointless thread ever to appear here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Purry Cat wrote: »
    Is this the most pointless thread ever to appear here?

you should say so far! Who knows what tomorrow will bring :)

It is a matter of great local importance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Bond-007 wrote: »
    It is a matter of great local importance.

Not to mention how many lives hang in the balance.

Not to mention how many lives hang in the balance.
    :D

hey, dont slag my thread :(:(

i dont slag yours!!
    :P:p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

So? Have we reached a conclusion to the question? Or does it need to be put to a poll :p

Firetrap wrote: »
    So? Have we reached a conclusion to the question? Or does it need to be put to a poll :p

i'd make a poll.. but ..i dont think its possible without making a new thread..
    comclusion: can we agree to disagree??

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

blackbeard wrote: »
    has to be keiran street

I before E except after C..;)

• Advertisement

KatCookie wrote: »
    i'd make a poll.. but ..i dont think its possible without making a new thread..
    comclusion: can we agree to disagree??
    The car park is the front of it.

Plug wrote: »
    The car park is the front of it.
    Well i disagree!

Advertisement