Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trip to Dublin..

Options
  • 17-05-2008 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

hey,planning on driving from Waterford to Dublin for a shopping trip,make the day of it etc,can anyone suggest a good carpark in the city centre close to everything where i could leave the wheels for the day?never drove to dublin before:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Maybe in the Jervis centre or St Stephen's Green centre if you're heading southside.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Jervis Street SC car park is very reasonably priced if leaving the car all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

As above, but try and get in as early as you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭somebaldyfela

Sound lads appreciated:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Or Parnell St/cineworld car park, they do have special offers.

Of even better, the Irish Life car park, i think its a fiver all day on Sundays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

Planning your trip for December 8th already?! :eek: :pac: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

gurramok wrote: »
    Of even better, the Irish Life car park, i think its a fiver all day on Sundays.
    There is plenty of free on-street parking on Sunday - why pay a fiver? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

personally I'd drive to Sandyford and get the Luas to stephen's green.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Fleet Street car park in temple bar. Slap bang in the middle of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

any reasons you are going to dublin for your trip?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Fleet Street car park in temple bar. Slap bang in the middle of the city.

Its a great location, but its bloody expensive. I parked there and went shopping for a few hours. It cost me over €15 for the privilage. The shopping centre car parks tend to be the cheapest, like jervis, ilac etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

If you're coming from the N11, I'd say Stephen's Green as it's handy to get on/off but the prices of Q-Park car parks are ridiculous. I paid nearly €18 from 11-4:30 last week, so I've given up on driving into town during the daytime.

There's also Drury St. car park and BT's which are handy for the N11 too but I don't know how much they are an hour.

If ye don't mind public transport, I'd suggest driving to one of the Luas stops on the green line - and hopping on the Luas into Stephen's green. The ParknRide fee is €4 for 24hrs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

ipodrocker wrote: »

It's the capital of Ireland?

Because he wants to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭somebaldyfela

ipodrocker wrote: »

a sure tis d big smoke!cheers for replys neway...

Advertisement