Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco tokens worth 4times their value if used to pay for OU course

Options
  • 17-05-2008 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭

In case it hasn't been posted before I just thought I'd mention that The Open University are accepting Tesco Tokens as a method of payment for their undergraduate courses.Not only that you get 4 times the monetary value of your Tesco tokens if you exchange them for an OU voucher. I bought a laptop for E550 last year in Tesco and as part of a promotion recieved E300 back in Tesco Tokens. These tokens are worth E1200 in OU vouchers... that's a full module in most cases. Maybe someone here might consider buying their next TV or laptop in Tesco during their next bank holiday "get 33% back in tokens on electrical purchases" deals. Even grocery shopping there might be a good idea as vouchers are accepted as full or part payment. E10 of Tesco tokens would get you a E40 voucher.
    This may be old hat to you all but it was great news to me so I thought I'd pass it on :)
    For more see:
    http://www.open.ac.uk/courses/OU-TescoI-further-information-10-07-07.pdf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 seventhwave

Hi Chilly, I thought that offer was for UK residents only. I looked into this a while back so the conditions may have changed since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I thought that initially too seventhwave but when I enquired I found it was open to Irish residents now. There are details on the tesco.ie site that indicate this too. I can't seem to link to the specific page here .However if you go to www.tesco.ie/clubcarddeals and select "lifestyle" from the menu on the left, the Irish OU offer will be detailed on the page that comes up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

That's incredible.

Great find chilly!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭hayser

Thanks Chilly. I just signed up for it yesterday. If anyone is interested the number to ring to register that you want to do this is: 00800 00 59 16 88

Advertisement