Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Services

Options
  • 17-05-2008 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi folks need some info if poss,.. My sister-in-law living in Bunclody, looking for Internet connection, possibly without phone connection.. Does anyone know who is in Bunclody, and there prices of Broadband??? ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

DSL (Over the phone line) is available. I just checked digiweb.ie and it didn't return any wireless services so they don't cover it.

Skytel.ie is a wexford wireless company but i'm not sure how good they are or if they cover bunclody.

For DSL prices just check any of the ISPs websites like digiweb, eircom, esat bt, utv, irish broadband.

Also Irishbroadband.ie offer wireless services like Ripwave (****e) and Breeze (need line of sight to the Irish broadband mast). You need to put your address in on their website to check if you're covered though.

To be honest for a reliable service out of the above i'd go for DSL over the phone line.

I use skytel, they are ok. The odd glitch but its been great for the last while.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭haveabadday

Shamo wrote: »
    DSL (Over the phone line) is available. I just checked digiweb.ie and it didn't return any wireless services so they don't cover it.

Skytel.ie is a wexford wireless company but i'm not sure how good they are or if they cover bunclody.

For DSL prices just check any of the ISPs websites like digiweb, eircom, esat bt, utv, irish broadband.

Also Irishbroadband.ie offer wireless services like Ripwave (****e) and Breeze (need line of sight to the Irish broadband mast). You need to put your address in on their website to check if you're covered though.

To be honest for a reliable service out of the above i'd go for DSL over the phone line.
    Thanks Shamo, She bought the Broadband in a Box! as you mentioned (****) cant get anything on it!! thanks will look into Skytel.. :o

I use skytel, they are ok. The odd glitch but its been great for the last while.
    Zaraba,, does she need a phoneline with them,, and whats the price like?? can you let me know,,,;)

Skytel are wireless internet, no phoneline needed and they offer VOIP. However, you need to ring them and tell them where you are to see if they can offer you broadband.

• Advertisement

Skytel are wireless internet, no phoneline needed and they offer VOIP. However, you need to ring them and tell them where you are to see if they can offer you broadband.
    Thanks will check them out. :o

Advertisement