Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question.

Options
  • 17-05-2008 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭

Wondering what an average vegetarian/vegan diet looks like, I generally eat quite a bit of meat each day as I'm a gym junkie etc and need the protein, Iv never really thought though about what a veg/vegan would eat, just curious.

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You can either just replace the meat from your diet with fake meat or just have foods that replace what you get from meat, spinach, seeds etc. Protein is not a problem.
    Anything in particular you wish to know about dietwise?

Random links for gym man!
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/vm7.htm
    http://www.google.com/search?q=vegetarian+bodybuilder+diet&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

You can either just replace the meat from your diet with fake meat or just have foods that replace what you get from meat, spinach, seeds etc. Protein is not a problem.

Actually, protein is easily obtained from beans and pulses for us vegans :) so, lentils, kidney beans, butter (lima) beans, chickpeas and aduki beans. quinoa and tofu also supply protein and are easy to prepare.

The fake meats, I feel, can be more of an odd treat; I wouldn't be happy feeding my stomach with those processed ingredients on a regular basis. ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Well I would! :)

Vegetarians tend to have more varied diets in general. But you get literally all sorts.
    I hate the idea of something pretending to be meat.
    I have no problem getting protien. I have a problem eating the recommend ratio of Carbs actually. I do eat alot of veg carbs, but I don't have a taste for starchy things.

• Advertisement
Advertisement