Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collecting essays?

Options
  • 17-05-2008 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭

There is some classes I missed, so I was unable to collect my english and history essay... besides contacting the tutor to arrange an appointment (its probably too late and I don't want to encounter her anyway), how can I go about collecting my essay? Where do I have to go?

cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

It depends on departments and lecturers. If you tell me what classes you are in might be able to help. I have always found it wise to visit the tutors room when you know your tutor isnt there, if you have never met him or her :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Grimes wrote: »
    It depends on departments and lecturers. If you tell me what classes you are in might be able to help. I have always found it wise to visit the tutors room when you know your tutor isnt there, if you have never met him or her :p

Oh I have met her, I turned up to a few at least.. didn't really like the class, and there was confusion with tutors and such, so I joined it late. It was 1st year Medieval English and 1st History: Union and Disunion.
    Would the tutor's rooms still be open, and I could collect my essay from there?

Yeah see tutors, despite their God complex :p (thats for my tutor mates) are students themselves and most of whom will be there for the summer. Just bang on the dorr and ask to collect your essay from whoever is in there. If not it is always worth asking the department office for your essay back, they may be able to help.

G

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Grimes wrote: »
    Yeah see tutors, despite their God complex :p (thats for my tutor mates) are students themselves and most of whom will be there for the summer. Just bang on the dorr and ask to collect your essay from whoever is in there. If not it is always worth asking the department office for your essay back, they may be able to help.

G

Well, one of the tutors in question is a lecturer, therefore an almost demi-god to us mere first years.
    Cheers Grimes!

Well, one of the tutors in question is a lecturer, therefore an almost demi-god to us mere first years.
    Cheers Grimes!

Just go up with an attitude like you pay their wages! :D

Well if this helps a close friend of mine who took a third year history elective, skipped every lecture and every tutorial banged on the lecturers door and bruptly stated "I want my essay back" to which the lecturer said "yeah no probs ... whoever you are"

Got a C.

jammy bollocks

• Advertisement
Advertisement