Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying into Accounts with MOneybookers

Options
  • 17-05-2008 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I'm planning on getting more organised about my gambling. I've no problem admitting that over the years I am definitely down but have done some research over last few months. I've picked my bets without backing them and kept a profit and loss record and then split them into different sports and picked out what I'm good at and what I should just watch without any monetary interest. Surprisingly my horse bets came out on top considering I thought that would be my weaker point. Anyway that's beside the point

My question is how quickly are funds deposited to an onlin betting account from Moneybookers and returned? Also, I am assuming most companies use this method of payment. I want to have a cash bank that I can transfer around varioulds accounts to take advantage of better odds, specials, etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Moneybookers funds are deposited to an AC just like a credit card or any other "instant" method.
    You can deposit from the funds you have in the moneybookers account, or just use MBers as a provider and transfer direct from you card to the site (through money bookers). The second option might sound silly, but it is useful to deposit to a site that doesn't take debit cards (like laser), as the site is recieving it from MBers, it now goes straight through.

There are other options to MBers, such as Neteller, but I think MBers is better than Neteller, hence my sig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

I recently started using this method, and am finding it quite useful. Few points:

Not all bookmakers accept payments instantly, some you have to wait for it to be 'processed'. Not many though and can't think of which ones at the moment, I have it wrote down somewhere so I'll have a look after. Betfair is definitely instant anyway.

As for withdrawing money to your moneybookers from the bookmakers site, this is not instant and I find if you do it at the end of the days racing its usually in moneybookers mid-day the next day.

I find it a good system though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Mellor wrote: »
    Moneybookers funds are deposited to an AC just like a credit card or any other "instant" method.
    You can deposit from the funds you have in the moneybookers account, or just use MBers as a provider and transfer direct from you card to the site (through money bookers). The second option might sound silly, but it is useful to deposit to a site that doesn't take debit cards (like laser), as the site is recieving it from MBers, it now goes straight through.

There are other options to MBers, such as Neteller, but I think MBers is better than Neteller, hence my sig

Would solely be using the Moneybookers ie deposit my entire bank into Moneybookers instead of making transfers to MB and then onto a betting account. This would be my ongoing bank from which I would (hopefully) be withdrawing from when I feel I've made a nice profit or blowing all and knowing that was my balance and could afford it.

Forky wrote: »
    I recently started using this method, and am finding it quite useful. Few points:

Not all bookmakers accept payments instantly, some you have to wait for it to be 'processed'. Not many though and can't think of which ones at the moment, I have it wrote down somewhere so I'll have a look after. Betfair is definitely instant anyway.

As for withdrawing money to your moneybookers from the bookmakers site, this is not instant and I find if you do it at the end of the days racing its usually in moneybookers mid-day the next day.

I find it a good system though.

I'd be more worried about the time it takes ot put cash onto a betting account rather than to withdraw (although next day sounds quite quick). The main concern I has was that if I didn't get matched on Betfair and had to use a traditional betting site at last minute before a match kicked off etc would I have time?

Very helpful replies, lads. Much appreciated. Not going ahead with it yet. Want to analyse my betting patterns and P/Ls for a bit longer before I take the plunge. Just wanted to see how other people had fared with this method of payment. I just prefer cash to credit.

Advertisement